Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Bent

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ all the way

One of my favourite chants and he brutalised Liverpool
I agree with you on these points, but I actually favoured the limited but spirited Marcus.
AJ blotted his copybook for me when he put himself before the club with his dreadful penalty misses in the Europa Cup. Sure, he took the first, and scored. The bell of a ref ordered the re-take because one of THEIR players encroached. The re-take he ballooned over.
The rest of the match he was abysmal. Then came the second penalty. Low on confidence, he stepped forward and did a Mirallas.
Bingo.
Cue for Everton to go about ten games without a win.
Cue for AJ to go injured for about a year.
Cue for sale to The Cottagers.

Shame really, as I did like AJ, and was probably our last really pacy forward who used his pace on a constant basis and drive forward into the opponents penalty area.
Only for said Mark Halsey type officiating and NEVER award him one of the numerous stonewall penalties he should have had. Not his fault, but I don't think it did AJ's confidence much good.
I voted for Bent mainly because he was more of a team player. Not a gifted one, but more of a Straq type grafter.

Bent showed his arse a bit when we wasted money on Beattie, can't say I blamed him either. He was great in the first half of that season.

However AJ was AJ, so I am getting splinters in my arse on this one.

For value for money it is no contest - bent all day long. Don't ever think bent got the recognition he deserved in the year we finished 4th.
However AJ did provide us with that great Derby memory but circumstances out of his control - his criticism by warnock and wenger over his ability to win penalties, reduced his effectiveness as referees didn't give AJ anything after their public remarks. What was even more galling is that wenger has arguably one of the worst players in the league for going to ground to easily in his side...Pires.

Tough one.

AJ did destroy Liverpool and give us one of the most famous derby images ever but Bent has porked Gemma Atkinson and got so wrecked on the beak once he chased someone with a machete.

Both are boss.
he's porked prime Danielle Lloyd aswell , but then so has half of the premier league, then Jamie O hara marries her after half his teammates had gone through her lol

Johnson's a blue (of sorts) isn't he? Didn't he go to the 09 cup final?

Bent was great and was up there with Cahill in terms of work rate and honesty in 04/05 which was one of the most incredible team achievements seen in the top division in decades (only topped in recently by Leicester's last season imo), but I think Johnson 'got' Everton and the privilege it is to play here more and reacted to being pushed out of the starting XI by a great player in Yakubu brilliantly, so I'm going to go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.