Andy Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon so. As washed up as Kendall was then, at least he had some experience of the nuts and bolts of coaching. For Gray to have come in and learned on the job with the squad and the club the way it was at the time was a recipe for disaster.
Not sure, doubt he could have done worse that season. Why Howard was offered the job was stupifying, he just wasn’t a fit man at the time, his illness, because that’s what it was, should have stopped any sane person from offering the position to Howard. I loved Howard Kendall as a great footballer with Everton and he did great, first time round, as a manager, he gave all us supporters our pride back, especially in Derby games. It would have been better for Howard if he had left it at that and never came back, although I was delighted when he came back from Man.City, but he wasn’t the same even then.

Nothing to forgive in my opinion. Andy Gray is a legend. Johnson was the disaster who set our club back years, he was the real culprit.

One of the greatest players for the club in my lifetime.

And scored all of his home goals in the Gwladys Street end!

I never knew that.

But now you come to say it, I have been wracking my brain and cannot think of a single goal he scored up the Park End lol

Gray interviewed on BeIN sports pre-game spouting the same cliche crap about "if Kean was good, Juve would have kept him."

Cut back to the studio and Riise defends Kean and says he disagrees.

World's upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.