2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing backs and wingers at the same time was never going to work great goal though. He doesn't mind having a pop either we need more of that. I still think he should be a squad player but we shall see how the window ends.

People are desperately clinging to their sulky reaction to us signing him and not Leon Bailey or whoever else would have cost us millions that we can't spend.

He's not a bad footballer at all.

His intention when hitting balls into the box is to put pace and dip on them. When they come off it creates mayhem and we are more likely to score from them than one of our usual floaty invites for the opposition centre halves to chew up. There is a risk in hitting balls like that, technically harder and you risk smashing it into the stands

When his eye is in with his ball striking he will create lots.

I wasn't wowed by him or anything but he kept going and did well with the goal

The main promise regards to Townsend was that we could expect pace and the occasional blammo, and he hasn't really delivered on either front yet

However, he's carried himself in a professional manner thus far and he's still settling in, so I think we need to give him time to find his feet

I wasn't wowed by him or anything but he kept going and did well with the goal

The main promise regards to Townsend was that we could expect pace and the occasional blammo, and he hasn't really delivered on either front yet

However, he's carried himself in a professional manner thus far and he's still settling in, so I think we need to give him time to find his feet
He literally won us the game last night!

He literally won us the game last night!

I would argue the players who patiently set the opportunity up for him deserve just as much credit as him

He tucked it away and fair do's, but he wasn't especially good in the match itself up to that point and I think my point still stands that we haven't seen a lot of the promised pace from him thus far

It could just be that he's settling in and hasn't really got into the flow of things yet, but he's been "alright" at best thus far in his Everton career in my opinion

No need to be so defensive, it's a gentle critique at worst

Townsend seemed wasteful yesterday. A lot of poor touches and deliveries. The ball got nicked off him quite a bit. That said, you see the effort and commitment to playing aggressive and creative football. He is easy for the fans to get behind with those intangibles. I'm rooting for him and was delighted he got on the score sheet.

Well taken goal and he will always work hard. Put 2 decent balls in but the rest were not great. I think if we had an attacking right back he would look even better as defenders dont know if hes going inside or out so another player bombing forward could really help us break down teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.