2023/24 Andre Gomes

Surely he's going to have to take a pay it wherever he goes. I'm not advocating for him staying, I'd rather someone with the potential to do something than someone who consistently disappointed.
Yes no other PL team will be in for him. Ditto big Spanish or Italian teams.
He'd have to take a cut everywhere/with anyone else.

Pardon ? lol
1715801147062.jpeg

Josh Brownhill has another year on his contract with Burnley.

It seems a bit unclear, Burnley have to do something to trigger a contract extension for him. This may include an increase in wages or a bonus payment. They don’t seem to have done it yet and he’s not signed a new contract, so as it stands he can walk away this summer.

It seems a bit unclear, Burnley have to do something to trigger a contract extension for him. This may include an increase in wages or a bonus payment. They don’t seem to have done it yet and he’s not signed a new contract, so as it stands he can walk away this summer.

It does say (Kompany also mentioned it the other week) that Burnley want to trigger the extension so they can collect a transfer fee in the summer. No way we should be paying any fee for Brownhill.

Very gifted footballer just not cut out for this league, I remember seeing Juan Sebastian Veron reduced to what looked like a pub player here. This league is the fastest and most physically demanding anywhere and some players just can’t cope with it, Gomes isn’t the first and won’t be the last to struggle in the Premier league. He will easily find another club abroad, farewell Andre

When he signed he genuinely looked like that CM we'd missed for donkeys. Possession based footballer with an eye for a pass. Actually quality on the ball rather than the limited bunch of midfielders we had in the past.

Arguably put in one the best midfield performances I've seen in a blue shirt in an away derby for decades too.

After his ankle break it was a the end of it all. Mentally and physically. Showed glimpses of quality since but not enough to warrant the insane wages.

Like with pretty much everything in the Moshiri reign hes part of the "what could've been" in Everton's modern history. Sexy as hell too.
Very romantic but I think you missed about 80% of matches that passed him by