2023/24 Andre Gomes

How can he improve with the ball going over his head all the time anything he picks up is scraps. We don’t play in midfield. Our tactic is hoof it into the box and see what happens. Percentage rubbish.
I am obviously watching a different game, at least most not the time.

I mean it was, it was a level above him.
And he was the easiest scapegoat there too - they expected any midfielder to come in and replace/be the new Xavi, which was way above his level. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that but he probably should've stuck with Valencia for a season more.

There definitely aren't.
There really isn't much of a difference ability wise between Niasse and Beto for me. Both ungainly players who struggle to do the basics yet also have traits that make them effective at times.

Worth noting that I rated Niasse more than most though (not saying I rated him, just more than most people did, I never saw him as a "competition winner" for example).

There really isn't much of a difference ability wise between Niasse and Beto for me. Both ungainly players who struggle to do the basics yet also have traits that make them effective at times.

Worth noting that I rated Niasse more than most though (not saying I rated him, just more than most people did, I never saw him as a "competition winner" for example).

He was 30 when he left us and hasn't played above League One level since. Tearing it up in the Northern Premier League this season though 👀

He was 30 when he left us and hasn't played above League One level since. Tearing it up in the Northern Premier League this season though 👀
He moved to Huddersfield and got a pretty bad injury to be fair.

He has given me the only slither of joy watching Everton for the past 8 years or so when he made his return against Bournemouth but that probably says more about us than it does about him.