2023/24 Andre Gomes

What a cameo from this guy.

No idea where he's been last few months (just assumed he'd been frozen up to the transfer window as he's as far from a Dyche player you can get) but scored and was playing some beautiful passes through the Spurs midfield late on.

Don't think he's going to have some amazing renaissance but that was more like his level in the early days under Silva.

Gomes was always one of the few players in a dog-[Poor language removed]-dark-age-team who possessed actual quality. With a better team around him (and this team is better) and if he can keep fit, his performance today speaks for itself.

Imagine if Dyche got him playing though

He can only really play the Garner role in Dyche side. Never in a million years is Doucoure getting dropped for him, that would be most comicial tactical decision in last decade (and we've seen a few).

Ultimately though he's been off the radar for years, on huge wages and his contract ends in six months so if this has got a few clubs from abroad realising he's still actually alive and motivated to play football then it's a cameo that suits both parties.

Garner is the one with potential and a long term contract so he needs to be persevered with.

Fantastic game there from Gomes, one we all know he has in him, however I'm not letting that fool me.

He's done it too many times in the past.

Earns a place in the side with a great performance, only to transform into his alter-ego "slomez".

Fool me once...
He's still slow but the way he played today it didn't matter because he was further forward, didn't have to press and didn't have to defend, really.

That's his issue, he's a luxury player and for some reason today we didn't need all the other stuff

He can only really play the Garner role in Dyche side. Never in a million years is Doucoure getting dropped for him, that would be most comicial tactical decision in last decade (and we've seen a few).

Ultimately though he's been off the radar for years, on huge wages and his contract ends in six months so if this has got a few clubs from abroad realising he's still actually alive and motivated to play football then it's a cameo that suits both parties.

Garner is the one with potential and a long term contract so he needs to be persevered with.
Needs must I think.

Question is could Garner do a different role when Gomes is required on the pitch? The signs i've seen of Garner (doing a good job at right back), he probably could.

Ultimately, we all believe he's the furthest from a Dyche player, and it's probably true, but we don't know it. Even at Burnley Dyche had Steven Defour who had a bit about him.

He was really good from what I saw today. Positive on the ball, A confident Andre Gomes is a good player, it's whether he can maintain that sort of 'arrogant confidence' for a good period of the season.

Cracking goal btw, some technique.

He's still slow but the way he played today it didn't matter because he was further forward, didn't have to press and didn't have to defend, really.

That's his issue, he's a luxury player and for some reason today we didn't need all the other stuff

Type of player that we'd benefit from when we're going to have possession. Not saying he would have, but perhaps could have played a good part in the Luton defeat had he been fit.

No idea where he's been last few months (just assumed he'd been frozen up to the transfer window as he's as far from a Dyche player you can get) but scored and was playing some beautiful passes through the Spurs midfield late on.
Dunno, he looked disciplined in positioning and put himself about round the pitch both defensively and in attack.
Great performance, guess it was always about consistency with him though, but was getting plaudits in France last season.

Wonder if Dyche's style suits him, in which he gets protection defensively and encouragement to move the ball forward quicker

That said I have many memories of him stinking out the place. Hopefully dyche uses him as I do think we're light in midfield