2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
How quickly you vultures turn.
The standard's been raised.
He's now the weakest link in midfield.
There were quite a few times when they were moving the ball around really well, until it got to Gomes, then it just breaks down.
Its not so obvious when your surrounded by mediocrity. It is now.
He can't, as is, keep to the standard being set.

Thiago just had him on toast, that fella ran the show for them today.

Gomes can look a great player against sides who have little quality, but up against Champions League-level players he always come out second best.

I mean the season Liverpool won the CL he genuinely bossed their midfield.

He's playing in a wider role and up against that press today he needed to be more composed in possession. He lacked it, but then again our entire team did in the first half except James. In the second when we had that bit of control he did step it up. What didn't come off was when he then tried the penetrative passes in behind.

Frustrating but nothing to be overly worried about.

Our midfield hasn't really 'bossed' a game yet, not entirely. Today was never gonna be the case, Liverpool had the best deep-lying playmaker in the world in there and probably a top two or three holding midfielder.

Hope he steps it up against S'ton next week!

He's now the weakest link in midfield and in attacking play.
There were quite a few times when they were moving the ball around really well, until it got to Gomes, then it just breaks down.
He had a bad game, yes, he's had a few, but he's capable of wonderful games also.

Thought Doucore wasn't great either, but I'm not suggesting he's our worst player.

He's now the weakest link in midfield.
He can't, as is, keep to the standard being set.

Our weakest link in midfield in the first half was arguably Allan.

He rushed in and left space in behind.

He was great from the 40th min onwards but those first 40 mins he was all over the shop.

Was a mad game.

He had a bad game, yes, he's had a few, but he's capable of wonderful games also.

Thought Doucore wasn't great either, but I'm not suggesting he's our worst player.
Of these wonderful performances you say,
how many would eclipse any of the performances of Alan

He's been a hot and cold player before his ankle injury - Villa away last season was the worst performance I've seen from an Everton player in a long time.

Niasse levels bad.
True he is either on it or he isn't and he mostly isn't lately, he looks even slower too. Against some teams we may get away with it and he can dictate but teams with energy in midfield we need more.

He had a bad game yesterday, but has been pretty good for the previous games. Keeps things ticking over, not as noticeable as the rest of the midfield but doing enough

He was great from the 40th min onwards but those first 40 mins he was all over the shop.

Was a mad game.
Allan response in second half said it all.
He's on another planet to Gomes

Was a mad game.
Allan response in second half said it all.
He's on another planet to Gomes
Yeah mad!

Of these wonderful performances you say,
how many would eclipse any of the performances of Alan

This 1 for a start.

Come back to me when Allan bosses a game versus them.

Very short reactionary memories some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.