2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets caught on the ball too much and for someone with that much technical ability his passing is poor he was excellent when we had him on loan not been the same player since

He can't be part of a squad with any ambition, long-term. We know the level he's at, and he doesn't seem either to be able to raise his game in better company. This time next year, I'd expect him to feature from the bench predominantly. It's not injury related, he just isn't up to it and doesn't offer enough

I can see him replaced in the summer. Maybe earlier if we are in the mix at Xmas. I can see what his role is supposed to be. The guy who just keeps things simple and neat and let the others get on with it. But at the minute he just does not look up to it.

Disappointed big time today. I expected and hoped better from him.

But how many teams press like Liverpool? I say we keep giving him more opportunities to grow into his role. We don't really have a better 8/CM anyways. Siggy is an AM and we need players like him off the bench.

Thiago just had him on toast, that fella ran the show for them today.

Gomes can look a great player against sides who have little quality, but up against Champions League-level players he always come out second best.

Let's be honest; he hasn't been the same player since that injury. Not even close.

Today he was a trainwreck. As bad a game as Sigurdsson has ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.