2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his performances would be more consistent with a proper number 6, but if Allan is bought along with a top defensive mid I don’t see Gomes starting games. Really needs to work over the pre season.

I think his performances would be more consistent with a proper number 6, but if Allan is bought along with a top defensive mid I don’t see Gomes starting games. Really needs to work over the pre season.

In all honesty mate, I’m tired of hearing these types of excuses for these incompetent performances. For almost 25million I expect a player to be running around getting stuck into everything and ensuring our midfield is doing it’s job of protecting the back four, I expect them to be able to pick a forward pass and make themselves available for the ball at every opportunity and look to make the team click together and get something going. If you want a player to sit in the middle do minimum work and just play safe sideways and backwards passes I’ll do it for free.

Im tired of all this “well it’s not his preferred formation” “he’s not suited to this style” “he needs this player, or that player next to him” I’m tired of it. It’s not an excuse for lacklustre pish poor efforts from the lot of them. They’re paid mega money and the least they should be doing is putting in the effort and trying hard, they’re not and it’s not good enough and deserves no excuses.

Andre did a much better job of pressuring and getting rid of the ball last week. If Andre had a motor, we wouldn’t need a player like an Allan or a Hojbjerg. He can’t bring that kind of performance and effort every week.

I know mental health is important and we shouldn't stigmatise mental illness, but maybe signing players who can't handle the pressure doesn't help.

In all honesty mate, I’m tired of hearing these types of excuses for these incompetent performances. For almost 25million I expect a player to be running around getting stuck into everything and ensuring our midfield is doing it’s job of protecting the back four, I expect them to be able to pick a forward pass and make themselves available for the ball at every opportunity and look to make the team click together and get something going. If you want a player to sit in the middle do minimum work and just play safe sideways and backwards passes I’ll do it for free.

Im tired of all this “well it’s not his preferred formation” “he’s not suited to this style” “he needs this player, or that player next to him” I’m tired of it. It’s not an excuse for lacklustre pish poor efforts from the lot of them. They’re paid mega money and the least they should be doing is putting in the effort and trying hard, they’re not and it’s not good enough and deserves no excuses.
I agree with you in the sense that he should be getting stuck into the game for the amount the club paid for him, I don’t think he has ever had the mentality to be an elite level player, I think he has the skills to be one but he lacks courage. I’m saying if we get a defensive mid and a box to box like Allan in the next few weeks then I could see Gomes getting phased out and eventually sold unless he hits the ground running next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.