2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think thats a good way to judge players tho.

Carlo has managed some serious squads. Not many players out there who would come to Everton would get in his previous teams
I’m hoping we will eventually be another of his serious squads.
I take your point though

I’m not expecting anyone to be as good as them. I’m just expecting players, who play centre mid, to not turn round and say, I’m not that type of centre mid. Stephen Hughes and Tobias linderoth would Put a foot in. Is that too much to ask?
Sorry mate, I must have blinked when that happened. Next you'll be telling me that Li Tie was a mifield strongman for us.

I’m not expecting anyone to be as good as them. I’m just expecting players, who play centre mid, to not turn round and say, I’m not that type of centre mid. Stephen Hughes and Tobias linderoth would Put a foot in. Is that too much to ask?

Thats fair enough.

I am sure there were centre mids in those days who didn't like a tackle and were more playmakers tho....can't think of any examples off the top of my head mind

EDIT: Li Tie as mentioned above would have been a better example!

Gomes is a class act, played out of position. He is coming back well after a serious injury and yes, he tends to get caught in possession too often, However, he should definitely be part of the squad next season, playing as the most advanced midfield player, behind Richarlison and DCL
Played out of position. Centre mid. Are you serious?

Gets away with murder because half the Everton fans want to bum him, me included.
Just not good enough for one of Carlos teams I think. Which of his former teams would he have gotten in, none.

Genuinely have no idea what that has to do with anything mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.