2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes is a class act, played out of position. He is coming back well after a serious injury and yes, he tends to get caught in possession too often, However, he should definitely be part of the squad next season, playing as the most advanced midfield player, behind Richarlison and DCL

So you're using last season under Silva but not this season under Silva?

Solid logic.

Ok let's take this using logic, if that's how you prefer to debate.

Was the team that Silva had last season different to the one he had this season?
Were the results better or worse?
Where did we finish under Silva last season?
On a Points Per Game basis, where would we have finished this season?
Is the place we finished last season higher or lower than the PPG finish you've calculated for this season?

To say the results / team / quality / circumstances of the TEAM can't be different just because the manager was the same is ILLOGICAL mate.

Definitely agree with this but I think we all need to acknowledge he's not playing well either.

At his best people bounce off him. At the moment he just looks off the pace, always last to the ball or last to be thinking about what to do next.

But it can happen. He even looks in his face like he's putting himself under immense pressure.

He'll be back and when he is there are some in here that will need to form an orderly queue for apologies.
Agreed he isn't playing well either tends to give away too many stupid free kicks one of which we conceded from last night

You're mad mate.

I think Carragher hit the nail on the head last night on comms. Something like:

'He's not playing well at the moment but he's still head and shoulders over what else Everton have"
Most of carraghers comments on us are of the pat on the head variety. Take absolutely no notice of the bell shouldn't even have a job on tv the disgusting blert.

Showed last season he was very good with a capable midfielder alongside him in Gueye.

Compare it this season to Davies and Schneiderlin, i feel he's almost stuck trying to do two players work as his midfield partner has been non-existent in almost every game.

Gomes is a class act, played out of position. He is coming back well after a serious injury and yes, he tends to get caught in possession too often, However, he should definitely be part of the squad next season, playing as the most advanced midfield player, behind Richarlison and DCL
How is he playing out of position?

Gets away with murder because half the Everton fans want to bum him, me included.
Just not good enough for one of Carlos teams I think. Which of his former teams would he have gotten in, none.

Give him a go behind the front 2. Can't be worse than sigurdsson.

Edit: if he's gash there as well, get rid.

Gordon is the one I’d choose to go behind in a front 2.
He seems to look like the only player that has the confidence to create and beat his man at the moment.

Gets away with murder because half the Everton fans want to bum him, me included.
Just not good enough for one of Carlos teams I think. Which of his former teams would he have gotten in, none.

He will mostly be a substitute next season should the transfer window be successful.

If we were to employ a Midfield 'Diamond' then I could see him best employed at front point and then next best on the right hand side of the two. Other than that, I'm not sure. I certainly don't like him in a 2 with no grafter at his side.
I do agree that he looks like a luxury at the moment.

Don't think thats a good way to judge players tho.

Carlo has managed some serious squads. Not many players out there who would come to Everton would get in his previous teams

Well yeah but they were all top players. It's not fair to just expect every modern centre mid to be as good as them and have a game as well rounded as them.

In the same era we had the likes of Stephen Hughes and Tobias Linderoth playing centre mid
I’m not expecting anyone to be as good as them. I’m just expecting players, who play centre mid, to not turn round and say, I’m not that type of centre mid. Stephen Hughes and Tobias linderoth would Put a foot in. Is that too much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.