2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
....along with Bernard, I’d say he’s really out of sorts but we’ve seen enough quality from both to see they can be useful squad members going forward.

Magnificent cross for the Walcott goal.
I've never really been a fan. The game can pass him by. Had a good last 10 mins last night when he was pushed further up when siggy came on. Him and davies looks terrible together
I'd keep Gomes for another year. Hopefully we buy at least another 3 midfielders (yes that's how bad our midfield is) and lets see if Gomes gets any better.
Bernard is a neat and tidy player but for me he hasnt got the physical attributes for the prem. I'd cash in if we can but I think on his massive wages he will stay and see his contract out before returning to brazil to play for his first team.

Was really bad yesterday until Siggursson (weirdly) came on and freed him up a bit. He looked so much better when he was actually getting forward; the run into their box to set the DcL chance up and obviously the cross for Walcott's goal were really positive bits of play.

He's worth persevering with because he does have quality but he is playing atrociously right now.

He's not a defensive player. At Valencia he played further forward. Not a box to box type at all. Either play him there or sell I would say. Also perhaps we rushed him back too early from that injury?

He's not a defensive player. At Valencia he played further forward. Not a box to box type at all. Either play him there or sell I would say. Also perhaps we rushed him back too early from that injury?

I don't think he was rushed back, just it takes time to get up to speed. The biggest issue is that these performances were happening before the injury.

As usual a daft overreaction from a lot of people. He’s out of form but he’s still our best centre midfielder by a distance, yet loads want him sold.

We need 4 centre mids next season. Are we going to sell him, Delph, Davies and buy another 4 players? No. At worst he’ll be used in rotation next season.

Thought he was still injured and id been watching Andre Gemill Linderoth since the restart...

He'd be a great player to sell...i reckon someone would cough up £20mil for him.
You're mad mate.

I think Carragher hit the nail on the head last night on comms. Something like:

'He's not playing well at the moment but he's still head and shoulders over what else Everton have"

I don't think he was rushed back, just it takes time to get up to speed. The biggest issue is that these performances were happening before the injury.
Even if he was rushed back that is no longer an issue as he had several weeks off due to the pandemic.
It doesn't look as if he is afraid, it looks as if he is slow. He is in the Premiership long enough now to realise how little time you get on the ball and yet he gets caught in possession so often.
When he first arrived he seemed to have so much time to do everything he wanted but now he seems to be constantly under pressure.

The comments I make are about how Gomes is playing at the moment, not about him as a player in general.
All players go through bad patches, some players react well to difficult patches, others not so much.
A couple of additions, a boost in confidence and all those players who are struggling now could improve their performances greatly.

This fella needs someone like gueye at the side of him. He's not a defensive midfielder in any way shape or form. Hopefully summer? transfer window will bring someone in to do that job and we can judge him in his right position. If he doesn't do it then whether he looks silky or not he needs to go. Luckily i think because of the type of player he is we would defo get our money back minimum.

This fella needs someone like gueye at the side of him. He's not a defensive midfielder in any way shape or form. Hopefully summer? transfer window will bring someone in to do that job and we can judge him in his right position. If he doesn't do it then whether he looks silky or not he needs to go. Luckily i think because of the type of player he is we would defo get our money back minimum.
Definitely agree with this but I think we all need to acknowledge he's not playing well either.

At his best people bounce off him. At the moment he just looks off the pace, always last to the ball or last to be thinking about what to do next.

But it can happen. He even looks in his face like he's putting himself under immense pressure.

He'll be back and when he is there are some in here that will need to form an orderly queue for apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.