2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
People pretending he didn’t have shockers pre-injury. That Villa performance was the worst by any player all season.
He’s just slow and clumsy, that’s not going to change.

Fulham away as well. Anonymous and then gets himself sent off. Our fans get attached to crap players way too easily.

You can't get an injury like Gomes got and it not affect you for a period. He has been rushed back as we literally have nothing else in this position. It is fortunate he was even playing again this year! Yes he had a safe game, but let's not write him off. He will get back to his best with better players around him and a bit more time.

Ridiculous. It was a broken ankle.

Getting away with murder because he's got a solid hairline and beard.

Trotting round the pitch with a nappy CAKED in crap like a dressage horse, the injury has finished him, if I hear another blue describe his abysmal performances as "Gomes looks leggy" I will literally turn my coffee table right over.

Last edited:
Quickly getting to the point where you realise he is not the type of player you build a team around. It was there to see before the injury too. He just doesn't have the personality/mentality to be one of the star men.

He reminds me a lot of Pienaar in his temperament. The worse he plays, the harder the passes he tries. He needs to relax and play simple, short, forward passes to build some confidence again. Instead he's either completely retreating into himself and playing backwards, which does nothing for him psychologically, or trying long passes that he just can't hit at the moment. It's exactly what Pienaar used to do, except with him it was doing flicks and dummies for no reason. Just relax, Andre, football is easy bro.

Getting away with murder because he's got a solid hairline and beard.

Trotting round the pitch with a nappy CAKED in crap like a dressage horse, the injury has finished him, if I hear another blue describe his abysmal performances as "Gomes looks leggy" I will literally turn my coffee table right over.

Is it an expensive coffee table or bought in B&M?

I do still like him but we really did overrate him because we were used to seeing Morgan and Tom in midfield, and he was a breath of fresh air.

It’s not 14 months out, no.
I think you underestimate the physical and mental impact of such an injury. To weaken a joint which your entire body weight goes through takes some getting used to. I dislocated my knee twice at 27 and never properly played football again for 5 years. It is tough as you are always thinking 'what if' every tackle you go in for. It takes time to get over it

I think you underestimate the physical and mental impact of such an injury. To weaken a joint which your entire body weight goes through takes some getting used to. I dislocated my knee twice at 27 and never properly played football again for 5 years. It is tough as you are always thinking 'what if' every tackle you go in for. It takes time to get over it

Does it impact your ability to make 5 yard passes under no pressure as well? Because he can’t do that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.