2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lads, for perspective, I had the exact same injury. Tibia and fibula break just above the ankle. My foot was also in the position Andre's was. Had to keep checking it was still attached as it felt like it had fallen off. It's a horrendous injury but it's one that is far more straightforward to sort than a mid leg, skin breaking leg break. Pins and plates will have him back, with extensive rehab to a high level, in 6/7 months.

Utterly horrendous for the big man, I know for me it brought some dark times and he already has had issues with mental health. At this time and moving on we all need to show Andre some big love and support.
Been wondering about this, thing is with footballers and the help and facilities available its quicker then a regular man in the street

IMG-20191103-WA0002.jpg

This is what I was sent, if it's him then that looks so painful

Wish him all the best

Devastated by the Gomes injury, really really hoping its not as serious as it looks. I don't blame son really as obviously never intended to do him like that but it was still reckless, all in all a freak accident in an all together horror show of a season.

This could really go one of two ways now, either it's a dark moment in the last days of Silva and will be talked about forever when we mention the end of his time at Everton, or alternatively its a tragedy that actually brings the team together and he becomes a sort of martyr for the team. Not that we should really need that but I do feel team spirit has been almost no existent for the last year or so. The lads banding together and turning things around now as we have hit rock bottom

Spot on this. Of course he didn't mean to take his leg off but at the same time, just taking people out by clipping them is dangerous. All the coordination is lost and it's in the hands of the Gods as to whether there's a bad injury. Just because more often than not it doesn't result in a serious injury doesn't mean it's acceptable.
It does mainly get a yellow card, it’s part and parcel of the game and has been for years and Andre Gomes is just very very unlucky what happened to him today. But say if little clips and trips to break up the game resulted in red cards, there would be many players sent off every game. With injury’s like this studs (which are obviously needed) dig in if it was trainers the foot would slip. Like I said it’s really unfortunate what happened today and wish him a speedy recovery, it just very very bad luck for Gomes.

Been wondering about this, thing is with footballers and the help and facilities available its quicker then a regular man in the street

I was fortunate enough to have proper extensive rehab, however not to the extent Andre will have. But it'll be a similar recovery period, the bone has to set with the pins and plates and then there is the ligament damage to sort which is extensive in an injury such as this. He'll not play again this season.

But I'm confident he'll be back firing on all cylinders next season.

The ironic thing is, his leg and ankle will be stronger than it's ever been once the plates and pins are in.

It will leave some mental scars though, he'll be very hesitant in the challenge for months after it, if not for the rest of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.