2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said by many he was awful, slow, ponderous and disinterested. He was on his heels for the 1st goal when Davies gave him a simple ball. He should have a long look in the mirror tonight and not to admire his grid.

I love the guy. I just wish his confidence matched his talent. Whenever he had the opportunity to step into the game, take a shot, play the ball into the box, he deferred. Which is where Iwobi comes in, but he was forced to play out wide due to the Bernard injury. As a result, Tom is forced to attempt Hollywood balls when Andre should be the one taking the game to Brighton, not Tom.

As said watch Tielemans and his game is massively ahead of this fella.

I like Gomes but he's one of those players he'll only play well when everything is going well - when we are up against it or dont have a Gana type player covering him all game he offers little.

Strange performance today and his contribution seems at odd with the rest of the team which plays at a higher tempo. I’ve realise we’d only do well if he decides to be more direct.

Wondered what the reaction would be in here. Pretty unanimous it seems. This was a game he could really have stamped his authority on. The fact he didnt is disturbing if he is supposed to be a key player.

An overrated player. Looked great at times last season when he had Gana Gueye next to him doing all the unsexy stuff (like winning the ball back). Now that Gana's gone, Gomes has been found out for the average player he is. Shines when the team are on top, hides when we aren't

An overrated player. Looked great at times last season when he had Gana Gueye next to him doing all the unsexy stuff (like winning the ball back). Now that Gana's gone, Gomes has been found out for the average player he is. Shines when the team are on top, hides when we aren't

I'd say when he plays well the team does and vice versa, he is just being inconsistent but someone else needs to step up and take responsibility.

From the beginning his touch was off and he didn’t seem at the races. When we don’t start with the ball and settle down, he struggles. He grew into the game but wasn’t at his best at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.