2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality player.
The sooner he’s back the better.

I don’t agree with all the ‘he’s made from glass’ shouts. He appears to have only had 2 periods of injury in excess of 2 months in his career (one of those was over the summer and he only missed 1 game).

When fit he’s one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Delph and Morgan just sounds so bad against city. You need hardworking athletic midfielders to do well against city. Exactly what Morgan isn’t.

Gomes isn’t the most athletic however his footballing brain makes up for that.

I think he is quite athletic/dynamic etc he’s just not a yard dog and his aggression manifests in lashing out in frustration! In a balanced midfield I think he could run the show.

Delph and Morgan just sounds so bad against city. You need hardworking athletic midfielders to do well against city. Exactly what Morgan isn’t.

Gomes isn’t the most athletic however his footballing brain makes up for that.

Basically carrying a man if Morgan plays because he offers absolutely nothing. No athleticism, no dynamism, slow on the ball, same ponderous lifted ball out to Coleman which takes him 4 touches to get under control, no shield defensively, no threat offensively.

Absolutely crap tbh

Carries on the proud Everton tradition of our best player being injured through various nonsense injuries.

He sounds a bit of a fanny - I remember Rich getting a rib injury towards the back end of last season and you could tell the lad was in pain but still played through it.

Obviously the medical team will assess it but I wonder with Andre if part of it is psychological? Even at Barca he apparently was out with problems that should only take 1-2 weeks to heal but missed a good number more.

He sounds a bit of a fanny - I remember Rich getting a rib injury towards the back end of last season and you could tell the lad was in pain but still played through it.

Obviously the medical team will assess it but I wonder with Andre if part of it is psychological? Even at Barca he apparently was out with problems that should only take 1-2 weeks to heal but missed a good number more.

He's injured mate, bloody hell.

" a bit of a fanny"

Basically carrying a man if Morgan plays because he offers absolutely nothing. No athleticism, no dynamism, slow on the ball, same ponderous lifted ball out to Coleman which takes him 4 touches to get under control, no shield defensively, no threat offensively.

Absolutely crap tbh

Spot on.
At least davies covers some ground at pace and tries to get things going forward.

He's injured mate, bloody hell.

" a bit of a fanny"

I know mate and im only speculating on my part but its the extent of the lay offs he has to the injuries themselves that concern me with him - like at Palace him and their galoot booted one another in a 50/50 - the other fella lumbers away and Gomes hobbles off straight away - he just always seems to pick up injuries as soon as he gets into a collision with someone and its not like he's a weedy kid he's physically a big bloke.

I just wonder does he have the issue Sturridge supposedly had where any slight niggle/knock and psychologically he convinces himself its worse than it is?

Considering the mental strain he had at Barca its not a massive leap of speculation to wonder that - our fans call Richarlison a fanny and a sulker when tackled but the lad gets booted all over the field but still carries on.

Last edited:
Inappropriate Behaviour

You sound like an absolute bellend. Or a wum. Probably both.

You sound like an absolute bellend. Or a wum. Probably both.

So your telling me for a bloke of Gomes size he should be hobbling off and missing weeks of games because he gets the odd collision with an opposition player?

Have you seen his past injury record?

Have you ever seen him try run off a challenge and carry on rather than hobbling straight off the field?

As I said its complete speculation on my part but I would be shocked if say Richarlison or Digne etc. would miss the amount of game time Gomes does in the same circumstances and you have to ask the question why when its not muscular injuries affecting him but knocks that combative midfielders get week in week out.

Inappropriate Language
I know mate and im only speculating on my part but its the extent of the lay offs he has to the injuries themselves that concern me with him - like at Palace him and their galoot booted one another in a 50/50 - the other fella lumbers away and Gomes hobbles off straight away - he just always seems to pick up injuries as soon as he gets into a collision with someone and its not like he's a weedy kid he's physically a big bloke.

I just wonder does he have the issue Sturridge supposedly had where any slight niggle/knock and psychologically he convinces himself its worse than it is?

Considering the mental strain he had at Barca its not a massive leap of speculation to wonder that - our fans call Richarlison a fanny and a sulker when tackled but the lad gets booted all over the field but still carries on.
mate, twice now ive seen utter [Poor language removed] from you. The other day it was going down would not be a bad thing to now calling somebody a fanny because of something you can only "speculate" on. Deal in facts, makes you look less a divvy

Status
Not open for further replies.