2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it last season Gomes will be in trouble if Gana is not around, exactly what happen today, made worst by Schneiderlin trying his best to fix the game.

Gomes is never the type of player that could dynamically control the midfield and impose himself enough to influence the game. Tidy in possession and passing but everything else is average without possession.

Gomes being too easy to bypass and Schneiderlin inability to press or tackle were the biggest contributing factor to our horror show today.

On the other hand, everything slows down when either of them touches the ball. Counter attacking football, our most effective style, is completely non existent if we play both of them together.

Its scary that we have jpg a young kid who not been tested in this league and delph who injury record is worrying. Step forward Davies. Lol

Had his worst game for us, looked off the pace and ponderous on the ball. He will bounce back though. That midfield needs some work we were second to lost balls tonight.

We’ve been blinded by handsome looks and beards that went out of fashion in the early twenrty teens.

I like him but that was appalling. Our lack of mobility in midfield is chronic.
Can see Delph and Davies in a 4-3-3 with Gbamin. Can’t be any worse than that tonight.

Worst I've seen him play unfortunately. I wonder if he's actually fully fit after his injury? Maybe with Gbamin being injured and Morgan being suspended last week he's had to play through an injury.

Either way I hope this doesn't result in a bad fun of form as he's shown himself to be a confidence player.

I'm not surprised he threw in that performance. Whilst it was his worst in a blue shirt, there were plenty along those lines last year. On his day, top player. Shame for us it's not a regular thing. A long way away from reaching the levels Arteta did for us.

Worst I've seen him play unfortunately. I wonder if he's actually fully fit after his injury? Maybe with Gbamin being injured and Morgan being suspended last week he's had to play through an injury.

Either way I hope this doesn't result in a bad fun of form as he's shown himself to be a confidence player.
Whilst i hope you are correct, some of the passing and reading of the game were ridiculously bad.

I don’t think he is

Status
Not open for further replies.