2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just lacks aggression. There was a 50-50 ball that he easily had the advantage on and he wussed out on it. He needs to take those on as that is either a fast break or an easy foul. Works hard. Good in team defense. Would love to see him take 50-50’s on. He is a big lad

When there is a 50-50 ball on the turf he always seems to win it. However other than that I don't really see what he does well. He's so slow and there is too much of that passing to the guy standing right next to you from him. I thought Delph moved the ball around so much quicker. It doesn't seem like his place should be secure if/when Gbamin plays well.

2314CB67-37B7-422E-B7F4-E5731AA4D360.jpeg

SHAG ME!

People wrote him off because he had a bad game playing with the coward Schneiderlin.
Schneiderlin at one point had people writing off Gana because he struggled to be DM and playmaker with Schneiderlin avoiding criticism due to his 5yd sideways or backwards passes being complete and him hiding from passes when we were pressed.
Give him a partner with effort and mental fortitude, be it Delph, Davies or Gbamin and he'll be fine.

English reaction: Phwoar!

American reaction: Hubba hubba!

French reaction: A little bit of oh la la, and a whole lot of oh yeah!

Much better performance, particularly after the break. I forget sometimes how big he is until I see him knocking somebody off of a ball.

New partnerships forming in our mid-field. We won’t see our settled best there for a while yet but the signs are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.