2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I right in saying that one doesn’t need to create chances, make key passes, score goals, contribute in tackles or any other key stat that shows a significant contribution to the team to be considered a baller and can’t live without the guy?

Some of those were the exact stats I used to quote to show how influential Barkley for the team was in spite of the criticism he used to get.

So what indices or metric are considered important to a significant contribution? Finger pointing, ref shouting per minute? Or is hanging around the centre circle passing to the forward line to create everything or Gana to clean up everything behind you worth over £20m?
So you rate Barkley and not Gomes?

tenor.gif

What the hell's going on with this transfer? This is going to end up like the Gana new contract - the players will jog out at Selhurst Park on the 10th of August with Gomes in the lineup, and then the Everton Twitter account will spring into action and say 'by the way, we've signed Andre Gomes'.

No club has more an issue with the meaning of 24 or 48 hours than we do. If we were involved in 80s movies Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy would have had a running time to rival Das Boot!

So you rate Barkley and not Gomes?

I was a big fan of Barkley .. just as I was frustrated by him. But always believed in his talent and felt his contribution was overlooked because of the expectations we had.

To be fair I like Gomes and lot. He is awesome in possession.. strong when being tackled and clearly is class.. guess being little devils advocate as he does need to do more for the side for us to take that step up. I was seriously hoping he would be the next Arteta and until he delivers that level of contribution (I believe he can)..I won’t say we have the CM we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.