2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take me Andre you sexy beast.

giphy.gif
Is that Justin de Baff? I googled him and couldn't find him.

Hard to win games when your defence couldn't win a header from a set piece SD you magnificent troll.

But we had Kurt ‘better than any Chelsea centreback, let’s pay 40 million for him’ Zouma at the back. How did that happen?

I’ve seen us passed off the park a load of times with this midfield. When they’re good they can be very good but when they’re bad they’re practically invisible. Let’s not hype them up into what they’re not. Gueye Gomes and Siggurdson are at Everton and not playing CL football because they are inconsistent. One day they can be outplaying Liverpool’s midfield at Anfield, the next they’re making West Ham look like 70s Brazil.

We’re making steps int he right direction no doubt but if those three are going to be the preferred starters then we need to start seeing them controlling games at least against lesser opposition on a more consistent basis.

But we had Kurt ‘better than any Chelsea centreback, let’s pay 40 million for him’ Zouma at the back. How did that happen?

I’ve seen us passed off the park a load of times with this midfield. When they’re good they can be very good but when they’re bad they’re practically invisible. Let’s not hype them up into what they’re not. Gueye Gomes and Siggurdson are at Everton and not playing CL football because they are inconsistent. One day they can be outplaying Liverpool’s midfield at Anfield, the next they’re making West Ham look like 70s Brazil.

We’re making steps int he right direction no doubt but if those three are going to be the preferred starters then we need to start seeing them controlling games at least against lesser opposition on a more consistent basis.

Nah but you're not contextualising entirely. It isn't just about 11 individuals. Take Pogba - for Utd he's guff and inconsistent but for France he's a WC winner.

What about the playing style? what about the transition from one playing style to another? what about form?

You use Zouma as an example. He was absolutely pants before that famous 17 day break. But he got his stuff together and formed a good partnership with Keane that kept a number of clean sheets at the back end of the season.

Even big Marcel said this recently:

“In the final months of last season, you saw the style of play that we want to play,” Brands told evertontv.

“Marco and his staff worked hard on that.

"The style of play was coming more to all the players. It gave us the results and results give confidence.

“That was good to see and hopefully we can continue when we start the Premier League again in August."

Nah but you're not contextualising entirely. It isn't just about 11 individuals. Take Pogba - for Utd he's guff and inconsistent but for France he's a WC winner.

What about the playing style? what about the transition from one playing style to another? what about form?

You use Zouma as an example. He was absolutely pants before that famous 17 day break. But he got his stuff together and formed a good partnership with Keane that kept a number of clean sheets at the back end of the season.

Even big Marcel said this recently:

“In the final months of last season, you saw the style of play that we want to play,” Brands told evertontv.

“Marco and his staff worked hard on that.

"The style of play was coming more to all the players. It gave us the results and results give confidence.

“That was good to see and hopefully we can continue when we start the Premier League again in August."

‘What about form’. That’s exactly my question. I’m not denying any of these players are good players but their form is inconsistent which means they are not in the top bracket of midfield players let alone approaching the best in their position which some people have said about Gueye.

The proof will be in the performances this season. If theyre all over the show again going from the sublime to the ridiculous then Silva will probably be under huge pressure. There’s some big players in this team now who have international experience, in the prime of their careers, and would expect to be captain material. They should be stepping up to ensure that the runs of form we’ve seen under Koeman Allardyce and Silva where we carry on in relegation form for weeks on end doesn’t happen this season.

‘What about form’. That’s exactly my question. I’m not denying any of these players are good players but their form is inconsistent which means they are not in the top bracket of midfield players let alone approaching the best in their position which some people have said about Gueye.

The proof will be in the performances this season. If theyre all over the show again going from the sublime to the ridiculous then Silva will probably be under huge pressure. There’s some big players in this team now who have international experience, in the prime of their careers, and would expect to be captain material. They should be stepping up to ensure that the runs of form we’ve seen under Koeman Allardyce and Silva where we carry on in relegation form for weeks on end doesn’t happen this season.

Off for another coffee. Madness that we agree on something my old friend.

Yes he did, I don’t think that’s unpopular but how good will it be to have decent options eh?

Is this fella below reliable?

Commence operation stay calm everybody it’s happening.

You’ve been around this forum long enough to know:

If he’s saying something we want to hear, he’s 100% ITK

If he’s delivering bad news he’s a know-nothing hack

Will be a coup for Brands if we can get Gomes at the fee mooted.

I thought he was a bit too open about the nitty-gritty of the dealings with Barca last summer, but if he pulls this off it is a testament to his ability to build relationships with clubs to our benefit, and he can repeat this with agents too.

This to me is the key difference between Brands and Walsh - one, a seasoned operator in this sphere, the other rather sadly out of his depth, and to be kind, woefully ill-equipped for the job the club appointed him to.

Will be a coup for Brands if we can get Gomes at the fee mooted.

I thought he was a bit too open about the nitty-gritty of the dealings with Barca last summer, but if he pulls this off it is a testament to his ability to build relationships with clubs to our benefit, and he can repeat this with agents too.

This to me is the key difference between Brands and Walsh - one, a seasoned operator in this sphere, the other rather sadly out of his depth, and to be kind, woefully ill-equipped for the job the club appointed him to.

Which makes it all the more amusing that Walsh is apparently in the running for DoF at Old Trafford

Status
Not open for further replies.