2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘What about form’. That’s exactly my question. I’m not denying any of these players are good players but their form is inconsistent which means they are not in the top bracket of midfield players let alone approaching the best in their position which some people have said about Gueye.

The proof will be in the performances this season. If theyre all over the show again going from the sublime to the ridiculous then Silva will probably be under huge pressure. There’s some big players in this team now who have international experience, in the prime of their careers, and would expect to be captain material. They should be stepping up to ensure that the runs of form we’ve seen under Koeman Allardyce and Silva where we carry on in relegation form for weeks on end doesn’t happen this season.
I still think it's likely we get another CM that can also play DM. The midfield has been overrun by lesser teams and while CF is an issue, the midfield is every bit a concern. Gomes signing doesnt solve those problems, nor does keeping Schneiderlin.

All Brands needs to do now is find an actual footballer to play alongside Gomes. Gana can shuffle off to Paris like he's desperate to do and run a load of 5k's or something while warming the bench of a weekend

"Barcelona Flop"

If Liverpool were signing him he'd "Barcelona Hidden Gem"

They actually changed the headline for some weird reason.

"Barcelona Flop"

If Liverpool were signing him he'd "Barcelona Hidden Gem"
Ironic that. You’re not really a journalistic Goliath if you’re writing for the standard are you? “Journalistic flop writes article about player who turned his career around in the hardest league in the world after making difficult decision to move from biggest club in the world” would be a better headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.