2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will sign, myself, sounds like he's the happiest he's been in a while,while he's been at Everton, but reports like one above saying he may only be 17mil odd will make some panic into thinking others will go for him-which at that price you could easily see.

....the player himself is the key. If he says he only wants to sign for Everton it means the clubs will come to an agreement.

If it is £18 million and he wants to stay, I am surprised it isn't done already. Can only think he wants to work out his options, before signing. £18 million is nothing in today's market.

That's the thing mate, just because he says he's happy here doesn't mean he's a cert to sign for us, as you say, he could be leaving his options open to see if any offers come in from any Champions league clubs, or any other top clubs.

Barca & possibly even Gomes himself will wait until we know our own fate regarding europe. Lots more potential for clauses & fee rises etc.

nearly fell off my chair when I read 18m reported. That is a snip. I really believe he has enjoyed his time here and will want to stay. Hoping he doesn't break my heart.

We had the same with Arteta and Pienaar when on on loan. Both struggled with game time at their clubs and where surplus,came to Everton and found an environment where they could play and progress their game. Gomes isn't daft he knows he's well liked and wanted at the club and will push his agent to get it done .

Status
Not open for further replies.