2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very telling that we're only now beginning to see the spiritual replacements in the team for the likes of Pienaar (Bernard), Baines (Digne) and hopefully Arteta (Gomes).

We've had loads of players since but nobody to take the proper role as the the *big* Everton players who other teams identify us with. (other than Lukaku, unfortunately)

A huge indictment on the recruitment since Moyes left. It hasn't all been bad but we've had a lot of duds since then.

I hope so
Cos if he carries on playing this way he's gonna have a long list of suitors.

My take is Brands & Silva want it , the fans want it and most importantly he wants it.
So its all down to Barca now if they play ball or push for the highest bid.

Can see them agreeing a deal like we had with Del. We buy for 45 million, they can buy back for 55 million after x amount of time. They then keep him a year and try to offload for 100 million.

It's not often a player this good turns up at Everton. We simply must do all we can to keep him.

I think a few clubs above us in the league would be absolutely mental to not try for him though, especially if he's only going to cost £25m.

Hopefully even if they do, he'll want to stay here as he clearly loves playing for us and seems to love the city as well.

It's not often a player this good turns up at Everton. We simply must do all we can to keep him.

I think a few clubs above us in the league would be absolutely mental to not try for him though, especially if he's only going to cost £25m.

Hopefully even if they do, he'll want to stay here as he clearly loves playing for us and seems to love the city as well.

Papers are linking Spurs with trying to hijack a move for him.

Gomes is still owned by one of the biggest clubs in the current football climate, where he had a torrid time, so he isn't looking to move to futher his career, more to find a club that will believe in him.

I expect him to stay.

It’s not down to just the player is it? So carry on fantasizing

It sort of is in the modern game though mate. This is especially so when you consider that he has had (we are led to believe) quite severe mental health difficulties at Barcelona and looks extremely happy at Everton.

If he won't sign for another team, then you will be unable to sell him.

The other thing to factor in, clearly Barcelona use the loan system effectively to pre-emptively move lads on who they are unable to sell for the figure they want at that moment. For players in the squad, it must be difficult to be loaned out, to be loaned out, and then to not allow for a permanent transfer to be done, on the back of a gentleman agreement being made would hit morale amongst existing players.

I suspect both Everton and Barcelona have a figure in mind for the player. I'd imagine the figure is quite close. Everton seemed to develop a good working relationship with Barcelona in the summer (particularly via Brands) to complete these 3 deals and there will be good will on both sides to ensure the deal goes through, as both parties benefit from it. If there are more lads Barca want to offload, they will probably know Everton can be a valuable side to send them too to get them back into the shop window. Likewise, and in time if players do well here, I'd expect Barca to be able to complete deals quite quickly as a result (see Richarlinson).

I'd politely suggest the only one who seems to be living in a fantasy, outside the realities of negotiation is yourself. If Everton want the player, the deal will be done very easily.

Papers are linking Spurs with trying to hijack a move for him.

Gomes is still owned by one of the biggest clubs in the current football climate, where he had a torrid time, so he isn't looking to move to futher his career, more to find a club that will believe in him.

I expect him to stay.
Spurs have had scots at our games allegedly being lined up to replace Errickson.....

If it comes down to a bidding war between us and Spurs this summer I'm backing us. Levy will be balancing the books for some time after the stadium fiasco with spiralling costs so can see us outmuscling them tbh.

Gomes is class on the ball, but we should NOT be blowing our transfer budget on him. There are other midfielders on the planet. We need two CM/DMs as-is. I love him with the ball and believe he's gotten better without it, but we STILL don't have a sitting 6 or a dynamic CM/DM to employ either one of Silva's primary 4-3- 3 tactics. That's just wrong.

There's also no way we are paying 40M+ for him, nor is he worth that.

Status
Not open for further replies.