2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno bout the club doing nothing. The manager played him often when clearly the fans were dumbfounded as to why he was getting any minutes. He was pretty awful and he confidence was shot. I felt bad every home game for him when he started or came on, it was clear from the stands that he was thought of as a bit of a joke.

The fans definitely did nothing to help.

Been delighted for him since he came in. Seems a lovely guy and is showing his quality now. Just manage to see highlights of the game now and the way he takes the ball with his back to goal more or less in the lead up to Colemans goal...and then sweeps it immediately across to Digne is just great. Technical quality of that level in an Everton shirt is unfortunately all to rare an occurrence but seems we have a fair bit of it now and he could even be the standout despite the few mins he has had so far.

I honestly think it comes down to systems and style as well.

I knew Gomes was a big lad, but the main thing that has surprised me has been his strength on the ball. He's so hard to get off it and that helps him carry us up the pitch.

That style of play - a ball carrier - probably suits the Premier League better than LaLiga, or at least definitely better than Barca, where Messi is (rightly) the ball carrier and the rest of the play is geared about getting the ball into him as quickly as possible.

I honestly think it comes down to systems and style as well.

I knew Gomes was a big lad, but the main thing that has surprised me has been his strength on the ball. He's so hard to get off it and that helps him carry us up the pitch.

That style of play - a ball carrier - probably suits the Premier League better than LaLiga, or at least definitely better than Barca, where Messi is (rightly) the ball carrier and the rest of the play is geared about getting the ball into him as quickly as possible.

I think it has definitely to do with confidence as I mentioned much earlier in the thread that he was getting brushed off the ball like Osman at times at Barça. He hopefully feels happy and wanted at the club so can just get on with playing ball like a baller.

e37efac.png

Called up by Portugal for their games against Italy and Poland.

Status
Not open for further replies.