2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. There's a chap on the Royal Blue Podcast that's the same, stating he needs more goals and to be higher up the pitch. But that's not Gomes' call to make. If Marco wants him as the deep lying playmaker, taking the ball off the CBs whether just outside our 12 yard box or on the half way line, he can't be expected to also be in the final third hurting opposition 25 times a game.

To me, his chief responsibility is getting the ball through crowded midfields to Sig', Richarlison and Bernard. If he can do that, and break the lines by running through them more often (like vs Liverpool), we'll see a top balls midfielder without the stats. And providing we use our EYES, we'll all appreciate him for it.

I agree, think I need a lie down.

Becoming a joke this

Why hasn't it been announced yet? We all know its happening. Joke.

Can’t officially be signed yet, can he? The Spanish window doesn’t open until July 1. But as usual anything to have a moan about the total incompetents running our club.

Can't turn your nose up at the price, which in this era might end up being a bargain. Some good games last year mixed in with poor, almost anonymous spells. Hopefully we get more from him this time around.

Now I'm confused. He doesnt have to create more for his teammates because he's a deep lying playmaker. Does he have to play defense? I'll buy the arguments that he wasn't fully fit, was getting used to a new country, new tactics, new league. But he clearly has to improve somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.