2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have really hated Gareth Barry.
Not really. He could pick off the occasional pass and make a tackle. His positioning was good. He obviously was a fantastic passer and unlike Gomes, he actually created opportunities for his teammates, especially in his first year.

He declined, though, for sure. He was so slow it was like playing shorthanded and couldn't make up the difference in other ways.

He fouled a lot, but much of it was tactical. Gomes does that a bit, too, but it's often because he's out of position and/or a poor tackler.

Not really. He could pick off the occasional pass and make a tackle. His positioning was good. He obviously was a fantastic passer and unlike Gomes, he actually created opportunities for his teammates, especially in his first year.

He declined, though, for sure. He was so slow it was like playing shorthanded and couldn't make up the difference in other ways.

He fouled a lot, but much of it was tactical. Gomes does that a bit, too, but it's often because he's out of position and/or a poor tackler.
Gomes & Barry are very very similar in if there was any danger they were to get caught out, they both took the player out.
Dont have a problem with that , in fact I love a bit of snide.
I dont see Gomes caught out of position as you point out , he has a far free'er role than Barry. Thats where Gana comes in.
Not sure why you have reservations about Gomes , he is a top draw player.
IMO he would shine in any top 6 side in the Prem .
There really isnt any negativity about this signing.

22mil for someone that fit.

Beggars belief.

It is a bargain especially seeing the club are going to have him operating as a high class gigolo out of the Titanic Hotel. He'll have repaid that fee by next Wednesday.

Most players would probably jump at the chance but too bad for Gomes that it sounds like he is going to be exclusively packing fudge if this forum is anything to go on.

I think this Marco and Marcel fella might actually know what they are doing here you know.

Been saying it from last summer, Marcel is the man, our recruitment hit ratio in his first window was almost 100% (Jury still out on Mina but he could well come good and has looked solid when fit). Even Moyes at his peak struggled to get a window where every single signing had hit the ground running. That was with a World Cup and just coming on board, now we’re seeing what he’s been able to plan over a full season. Hopefully it’s more of the same top class deals.

Gomes & Barry are very very similar in if there was any danger they were to get caught out, they both took the player out.
Dont have a problem with that , in fact I love a bit of snide.
I dont see Gomes caught out of position as you point out , he has a far free'er role than Barry. Thats where Gana comes in.
Not sure why you have reservations about Gomes , he is a top draw player.
IMO he would shine in any top 6 side in the Prem .
There really isnt any negativity about this signing.

Nope, there're no negatives regarding this transfer, unless you need a check from the neck up.

Every team needs a touch of snide now and again and we generally applaud it, unless it suits our/their agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.