2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is what a lot of people seem to miss.

He’s the only one who can hold the ball up long enough to allow the team to reset itself.
He literally ran our team for 18 games, everything went through him. Yes he’s had a poor run but Jesus he’s absolutely a top top footballer
....smashing footballer, he gives us something we don’t have with his confidence to keep the ball under pressure. If we don’t keep him, we’ll need somebody with that technical ability. I think there’ll be plenty of clubs wanting him.
He takes so much pressure off the other players it’s untrue.

Needs to chip in with a few more goals though.
Oh yeah, without a doubt. With a proper number 10 and striker he’ll fly. Imagine him having someone like Suarez of RS running everywhere, he’ll carve teams apart
Thought like most of the team had an excellent second half, be honest thought he ran the show in the second half, incredibly strong holding the ball up.

I can see hes a big and strong player.

I can see hes very good at running with the ball and its generally hard to get the ball off him.

I can also see that hes a decent passer

What i cant see is anything which is "wow" like we saw when he first joined...maybe he surprised teams.

I dont see things consistently which make me think hes a top player.

Im happy to be educated on this, but i look at some others (albeit valued much higher) and see them as top players...

I wonder how he would be as a deeper midfielder with 2 box to box players ahead but as a centre mid i dont think hes great.

I can see hes very good at running with the ball and its generally hard to get the ball off him.

What i cant see is anything which is "wow" like we saw when he first joined...maybe he surprised teams.

Im happy to be educated on this, but i look at some others (albeit valued much higher) and see them as top players...

I wonder how he would be as a deeper midfielder with 2 box to box players ahead but as a centre mid i dont think hes great.

He’s a player you can build the midfield around though, plus he’s here, affordable and sounds like he wants to stay.

There’s not many of them around at the mo.

Zat ?

20 mil doesnt even get you a Solanke.

Barca dont want him back and if he pushes for us then i think its a fair price...

He’s a player you can build the midfield around though, plus he’s here, affordable and sounds like he wants to stay.

There’s not many of them around at the mo.

I think in the current setup its unbalanced with him + Gana with Gylfi miles ahead.

I could see him deeper alone, taking the balls off CBs and running forward and pinging it around...2 CMs ahead of him.

I cant see him as a CM wo adds high value aside from being a good passer and running with the ball well.

He was class at Valencia...but i think as a CM he needs to either be comfortable box to box or offer a goalscoring threat in this system.

I'd like to see him with a real mobile striker ahead of him.

That said, he does hog the ball a bit too much for me. Needs to get his head up and release quicker.

He might be hogging the ball as he doesn't have many options at the time so hold on until options but then it's to late

He might be hogging the ball as he doesn't have many options at the time so hold on until options but then it's to late
Possibly. I did say he needs a more mobile clued up striker(s) upfront.

Still, I do notice he has his head buried into his chest a lot.

....smashing footballer, he’s more a playmaker who dictates the rhythm. I love watching him but I know what you mean, Silva says he likes his no6 to dictate the rhythm. Lots will depend on Silva/Brands team model, Gomes hasn’t got lung bursting pace and his goal record is poor.

Saying that, not bad to have around given £25m doesn’t buy much these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.