2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did, but we were going off the premier League rules thing and it seems... Conflicting in what it has to say

Deloufeu was loaned from Barca, only Barry and Lukaku were from the Prem, so that was within the rules. what I don't understand is that a club can loan as many players as they like OUT, but there are limits on the numbers that can be loaned IN. Chelsea make a fortune loaning players out, and Everton aren't doing badly in that respect,either.

Deloufeu was loaned from Barca, only Barry and Lukaku were from the Prem, so that was within the rules. what I don't understand is that a club can loan as many players as they like OUT, but there are limits on the numbers that can be loaned IN. Chelsea make a fortune loaning players out, and Everton aren't doing badly in that respect,either.
New rules being implemented soon though about maximum out loans though right? Chelsea have 40 players out on loan I think or something ridiculous

Is it still blasphemous to say I still don't really understand the love-in? He just seems 'fine' to me - he's fairly good at keeping the ball and escaping pressure, but generally he just seems average/fine. That's not bad, just like...fine. And he's sooooo slow. But everyone seems to think he's the second coming - I don't get it - am I the only one?

Is it still blasphemous to say I still don't really understand the love-in? He just seems 'fine' to me - he's fairly good at keeping the ball and escaping pressure, but generally he just seems average/fine. That's not bad, just like...fine. And he's sooooo slow. But everyone seems to think he's the second coming - I don't get it - am I the only one?
I think a lot of the posters raving about Gomes were focussing less on his football than on his manly handsomeness....
It's no coincidence that the most frequently recommended pub on here is The Lisbon...

would it be fair to say that's based on the last few games? where admittedly he's been pretty pants compared to earlier in the season?
the game that sticks out for me is Palace at home, his debut. Adrenalin obviously got him through but we've had issues breaking sides down because of a failure to play through the lines from central areas. He did exactly that.
Now we've flogged the horse and his performances have suffered. That's how I see it anyway.

would it be fair to say that's based on the last few games? where admittedly he's been pretty pants compared to earlier in the season?
the game that sticks out for me is Palace at home, his debut. Adrenalin obviously got him through but we've had issues breaking sides down because of a failure to play through the lines from central areas. He did exactly that.
Now we've flogged the horse and his performances have suffered. That's how I see it anyway.

Said the same back in late November before we went on the poor run. Feel like because he looks classy on the ball, and we haven't had a midfielder who's looked like that for AGES, people have gone way overboard on him...

Said the same back in late November before we went on the poor run. Feel like because he looks classy on the ball, and we haven't had a midfielder who's looked like that for AGES, people have gone way overboard on him...
Personally I thought when he was good he was very good. I thought he was arguably the best midfielder on show at both old Trafford and anfield, and more than held his own at Chelsea. It’s a long time since one of our midfielders was on an even footing in those games and he was one of the main reasons we were able to genuinely compete in those games for once. In recent weeks he’s been poor though, partly tiredness, partly because teams have sussed us out and partly just poor form I think. If he can return to the early form though he’s much better than ‘fine’ in my opinion.

Nah you're not the only one mate, I got laid into because I said I see some very Barry-esq attributes.

Thing is I do think there is a lot more to him, he'll be very much used to runs and movement ahead of him to pick out, nobody ahead of him in our central areas currently offer that, they all seem to be experts in being marked.

He is a classy footballer. However, our form has dropped since he came into the team. Can’t deny that. I really do think the derby wiped moral amongst everyone in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.