And it’s LIVE..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA75

Player Valuation: £70m
I think I’m right in saying that we have now had our last 38 league games televised live on one channel or another - ie an entire season.

I have to admit it’s the first time in my life I’ve seen every game, home and away including cup games live for an entire year.

So the question is, should TV continue to broadcast every Prem game after the pandemic - staggered starts and Thursday 6pm kick offs and all?

(May well be different to those outside the UK)

I think I’m right in saying that we have now had our last 38 league games televised live on one channel or another - ie an entire season.

I have to admit it’s the first time in my life I’ve seen every game, home and away including cup games live for an entire year.

So the question is, should TV continue to broadcast every Prem game after the pandemic - staggered starts and Thursday 6pm kick offs and all?

(May well be different to those outside the UK)
I’m not sure if they can legally.
For sure they can’t show 3 o’clock games on a Saturday when fans are allowed back in.

For me that should never change! 3 o’clock Saturday kick offs and 8 o’clock midweek games should remain forever.

For an utter wool like me it’s brill. I’m rarely able to get back to the north from dahn sarf. It’s handy being able to catch a game but it’s never going to replace the atmosphere of going to an actual game. Even if the 3pms were televised, you’d still get full attendances.

For an utter wool like me it’s brill. I’m rarely able to get back to the north from dahn sarf. It’s handy being able to catch a game but it’s never going to replace the atmosphere of going to an actual game. Even if the 3pms were televised, you’d still get full attendances.
The argument has never been about attendances at prem games if shown on tv at 3pm saturday, it is the effect on lower league attendances as they mostly play 3pm Saturday so no tv games allowed to detract from attendances in this core slot.

I.e. argument is if Chelsea v arsenal on tv at 3pm Saturday no one will bother going to watch mk dons v Fleetwood, they will stay at home and watch the tv game.

All this thread does is remind me that's been over a year since I last was at Goodison (1st March 2020). :(

I don't think being on TV materially affects attendances, people will go who want to go to the match. However if they do broadcast every game then likely you'll need about 12 subscriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.