An important watch for those who boo our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I've never been a booooooer but I've never been a fan who sings. I just watch. Saying that, it's a passionate game and folk can't help vent their feelings. Whatever the reaction everybody wants exactly the same thing, we are all different types and that needs to accepted.

In all my years coaching and watching football, I'm convinced that 95% of success in sport is in the head - ESPECIALLY with younger players like Lukaku and Barkley. Give an average player confidence and he becomes a better one. The better player puts fear into the mind of the good player opposing them, making them an average player.

A crowd should ALWAYS cheer and encourage their home team. Opposing players and officials repeatedly show that they are influenced by loud vociferous home crowds. Yet Goodison isn't the twelfth man at the moment. Goodison isn't the kind of crowd that Kendall once said "will suck the ball across the line." And we have no prawn sandwich eaters to blame.

Yes they're paid way too much - but so are the opponents - and booing them won't change that. The players are also human and make errors - so are we. And if we had 30 odd thousand people booing us if we dropped a mug in the kitchen, I think any of us would be very nervous the next time we made a cup of tea.

People need to lighten up and remember that this is sport and is there for fun. Remember how well the lads played last year when they were enjoying having Moyes' shackles removed?

Mods burn this thread to the ground.

Asking our fans to act more like a teams fans who are bottom of the league. Check.
Falsely saying we booed Lukaku for missing a chance. Check.
Wasting my time reading it. Checkmate.

The booing at GP is not actually aimed at the players; it's the crowds way of letting RM know their displeasure. Nothing wrong with that. After all, it's not as if we can walk into his office at FF and have a discourse about the current situation and performances.

The booing at GP is not actually aimed at the players; it's the crowds way of letting RM know their displeasure. Nothing wrong with that. After all, it's not as if we can walk into his office at FF and have a discourse about the current situation and performances.

Correct.

No player has been booed.

No one has booed merely because we have been beaten.....the team was applauded off the pitch after our heaviest defeat of the season, v Chelsea because at least we gave it a good go after a disastrous start.

The booing has been purely about the tactics and certain managerial team selections.

We were leading 3-1 against QPR and the crowd started booing when a corner kick saw the ball wind up back with Howard without one of their players touching it.

I booed at the end on Sunday, incensed that two points had been literally chucked away because of the manager making a terrible error between the sticks.

Lots of people around me were booing.....but no one was booing Howard.

We were booing the bloke who proudly boasted to the world that Tim was his "number one goalkeeper" and as such he was walking straight back in the team.

Howard played up to the standard he has been playing at all season v Foxes.

And everyone in the ground knew that.

People groan when the ball is passed along the back four at such a pedestrian pace that the opposition don't even bother chasing them down....they merely amble into position and form a solid phalanx between our midfield and the goal they are defending, safe in the knowledge we will most likely be unable to pick the lock.

It is is boring and it is crap.....and it ain't the fault of the fans.

(n)There,s a bell end sits next to me in park end who boos every chance he gets...he was even booing when we were ace in El Bob,s first season.
Every time ther is a shot from the blues into the park end goal we all jump up,and I do my best to land on his toes.
He,s wise to me now and turns to his left to protect his tootsies from my size 12s.

In all my years coaching and watching football, I'm convinced that 95% of success in sport is in the head - ESPECIALLY with younger players like Lukaku and Barkley. Give an average player confidence and he becomes a better one. The better player puts fear into the mind of the good player opposing them, making them an average player.

A crowd should ALWAYS cheer and encourage their home team. Opposing players and officials repeatedly show that they are influenced by loud vociferous home crowds. Yet Goodison isn't the twelfth man at the moment. Goodison isn't the kind of crowd that Kendall once said "will suck the ball across the line." And we have no prawn sandwich eaters to blame.

Yes they're paid way too much - but so are the opponents - and booing them won't change that. The players are also human and make errors - so are we. And if we had 30 odd thousand people booing us if we dropped a mug in the kitchen, I think any of us would be very nervous the next time we made a cup of tea.

People need to lighten up and remember that this is sport and is there for fun. Remember how well the lads played last year when they were enjoying having Moyes' shackles removed?

Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.