Ambitions for next season

What level of ambition are you comfortable with for Everton next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for top 4. In the last 2 years I have gone for top 4.

The competition will probably be much tougher next year but with our level of investment we should at least still be able to give it a go.

I would be very happy with Europa league and a cup win.

Ambition - win everything.

Expectation - challenge for both domestic cups and achieve Europa league qualification through league placing*

*subject to change depending on if Messi signs this season or not.**

**would also settle for Ronaldo***

***will probably end up with Dann.

Need to start buying quality players. At least 5.
But yeah - why not? One really good player and an organised back line could make a huge difference.

We've a new manager, a new management structure, very significant transfer resources, some great existing talent and outstanding youngsters.

Therefore where should we set our ambitions and what are you comfortable with personally?

Me? - Our ambition should be to win the Premier League, and I'm happy to justify why that should be so.

In the immediate short-term, to begin with I want a season of stability and growth and the restoration of pride and team spirit. I can see a rapid recovery in our results, and getting back to 6th-7th. But we are one of 10 teams targeting a high position in the league (the usual 5, plus ourselves and the RS, plus Leicester, West Ham and presumably Southampton). We might invest and have the strongest squad ever at our disposal but it is all a relative position and if the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd start spending ludicrous amounts of money then it could be argued that relatively we are weaker to some of the big hitters!

We've a new manager, a new management structure, very significant transfer resources, some great existing talent and outstanding youngsters.

Therefore where should we set our ambitions and what are you comfortable with personally?

Me? - Our ambition should be to win the Premier League, and I'm happy to justify why that should be so.

Steady on Cowboy!!

We should always aim to win the league and any cups we're competing for but in reality I'd take steady progress this season to reverse the damage El Fraudo did. If we can get top six and seriously compete (hopefully win!) a cup I'd be delighted. Every season thereafter expectations should rise higher, but for now we need to temper our expectations with realism.

Do i want us to win the league? Of course. Do i honestly think we can? No.

I've seen more than enough "Everton, that" to know that you can't always get what you want.

However, with a new management team in place, new investment and fingers crossed for a new stadium i EXPECT to see forward progress.

How far that progress takes us, no one can predict, but i must admit to a degree of tumescence at what may lie ahead.

**What level of ambition is realistic for Everton next season?

If its anything more than "Consistent contenders for a Europa League place, trip to Wembley, possible cup win" then - like a lot of Evertonians - one would be deluded. And I'm happy to justify why that is so :)

I agree wholeheartedly

If our aim is not to win the top league, then why bother. Our aim should be to win everything right up until the point that it is no longer possible. Go out to win every single game your involved in, the levels of success with that will determine everything else.

Do you ever go into a game thinking, there's no way we'll win this? I personally go into every game thinking we can win it, and so should the players, if they don't, then we need to get rid of them.

Always aim for Premier League Winners but realistically a European challenge and a trip to Wembley would suit too after the shambles of last season.

Aim for 1st, finish 7th? Okay.

Next season, aim for first, finish 5th? Okay.

It's not deplorable to finish outside of 1st position in a league as competitive as ours but why should we aim to be any lower. What difference does it make aiming for 1st in three seasons time? Aim for it now.

If we are the big club we say we are aiming for 6th isn't showing that to people. Let's be arrogant for once.

This club should be aiming for the title. No doubt about that. That's what I suspect Mr Moshiri is drilling into Koeman, and what i'd hope Koeman would in turn be drilling into the players.

It mightn't happen straight away, and if it doesn't we as supporters should maintain perspective. But for the first time in my lifetime (mid 20's), there is absolutely no reason why we can't challenge at the very top.

NSNO.

Status
Not open for further replies.