Ambitions for next season

What level of ambition are you comfortable with for Everton next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Esk

Player Valuation: £70m

We've a new manager, a new management structure, very significant transfer resources, some great existing talent and outstanding youngsters.

Therefore where should we set our ambitions and what are you comfortable with personally?

Me? - Our ambition should be to win the Premier League, and I'm happy to justify why that should be so.

ps - let's focus on ambition for now, expectations can come later as the summer develops - thanks

Last edited:

We've a new manager, a new management structure, very significant transfer resources, some great existing talent and outstanding youngsters.

Therefore where should we set our ambitions and what are you comfortable with personally?

Me? - Our ambition should be to win the Premier League, and I'm happy to justify why that should be so.
Teams who have wholesale changes in one mid-season often tend to not have great seasons the following season, so Im happy to go down the route of slowly but surely.
Even so, a Europa League spot is not out of the question to be aimed for.

Do we need to temper ambition with a realism?

The current squad is decent and certainly underperformed but is it as good as some of the sides that finished in the top 8 last season ? - and add Chelsea to that list.

Sure we are going to spend freely for once but let's not kid ourselves so will at least 6 other clubs.

Of course I would love to see us win the league next season and after Leicester last term you can argue that anything is possible.

However I don't think we will see that happen again for some time if ever.

i think top 6 and a cup win would be a very , very good start for Mr Koeman.

For me it's CL qualification.

Without champions league it's hard to get top class players in, and if you go on a spending spree with no CL you're likely to pay over the odds for players that aren't top class. Spend just enough on players, and work hard on improving the structure of the club this season. Get champions league and then go really nuts on the player market next summer.

Interested in your thoughts on a title push Esk?

Went for CL qualification and a cup win. Important to walk before we can run... think winning the league is not possible as yet, although that must be every clubs ultimate ambition or why bother.

Would like some big name signings, our younger prospects tied down and for us to kick on. Obviously depends on how long Mr Moshiri wants to bankroll us for.

I,d like to see Moshiri ambition stated in public.
Top 4 and a cup final next season.

The thread is about ambition so I agree with you that our ambition should always be to win the league. There are potentially 6 other teams who also have the same ambition and resources as us. Therefore as a first season under a new manager and with new players coming in I would accept as a realistic expectation seriously getting back into the conversation for the top 4 places.

Status
Not open for further replies.