2023/24 Amadou Onana

In my opinion, Amadou Onana is a good player but a bad professional, we need workers not shirkers. If we can get a decent price for him I would be happy to see him go. Obviously, I'm basing that on what I've seen of him during matches and not taking into account any personal/private issues etc. he may have.

How would a 22 year old Busquets do in our team with Garner and Doucoure as they currently line up?
Well as I said it’s difficult with our squad but he’s no busquets and I’d be confident if they both played in this current Everton side at 22 he would show Onana up a 35 year old busquets would probably be more effective than him. Please tell me Zat what does he do seriously? What is it I’m missing I went to every game last season and he disappointed me and many others around me, I’ve watched every game apart from 1 this season and still don’t see the shouts from some that he’s class?

In my opinion, Amadou Onana is a good player but a bad professional, we need workers not shirkers. If we can get a decent price for him I would be happy to see him go. Obviously, I'm basing that on what I've seen of him during matches and not taking into account any personal/private issues etc. he may have.
What makes him a bad professional?

Well as I said it’s difficult with our squad but he’s no busquets and I’d be confident if they both played in this current Everton side at 22 he would show Onana up a 35 year old busquets would probably be more effective than him. Please tell me Zat what does he do seriously? What is it I’m missing I went to every game last season and he disappointed me and many others around me, I’ve watched every game apart from 1 this season and still don’t see the shouts from some that he’s class?

To give you an idea, ive posted this 100s of times now but for belgium he plays behind 2 midfielders.

So hes the midfield anchor between midfield and defence

He doesnt run around alot like Gana (who leaves massive gaps behind him), he sits in his zone mostly and moves forward as the midfield and defence move forward.

His defensive game is about interceptions and covering his area of the pitch with tackles using his long legs. His passing is class whether long or short so he can control the game in a way.

Also for belgium hes allowed to drive with the ball which Dyche you can see and hear at the game shouts and gestures him about. Its happened twice recently that i can make out from the screen where dyche is yelling and waving his arms so Onana stops dead, passes and goes back to position.

But with us of course we dont play with 2 midfielders in front of him. We play Onana left and Garner right midfield with Doucoure god knows where lol

Mt Busquets example is simply to show the style they both have is similar and its not effective in this setup. Imagine Busquets playing left with Garner right...hed be out of place.

Essentially hes quality but hes no CM.

To give you an idea, ive posted this 100s of times now but for belgium he plays behind 2 midfielders.

He doesnt run around alot like Gana (who leaves massive gaps behind him), he sits in his zone mostly and moves forward as the midfield and defence move forward.

His defensive game is about interceptions and covering his area of the pitch with tackles using his long legs. His passing is class whether long or short so he can control the game in a way.

Also for belgium hes allowed to drive with the ball which Dyche you can see and hear at the game shouts and gestures him about. Its happened twice recently that i can make out from the screen where dyche is yelling and waving his arms so Onana stops dead, passes and goes back to position.

But with us of course we dont play with 2 midfielders in front of him. We play Onana left and Garner right midfield with Doucoure god knows where lol

Mt Busquets example is simply to show the style they both have is similar and its not effective in this setup. Imagine Busquets playing left with Garner right...hed be out of place.

Sounds like it’s best to get rid of him then as we won’t see the class passing the driving runs, seen the odd bit of it and tackles here and there but largely not been impressed with him. No doubt other players like garner would look good in the Belgium side as well unfortunately for us it’s Everton who he plays for every week not Belgium couldn’t care less how he does internationally.

Sounds like it’s best to get rid of him then as we won’t see the class passing the driving runs, seen the odd bit of it and tackles here and there but largely not been impressed with him. No doubt other players like garner would look good in the Belgium side as well unfortunately for us it’s Everton who he plays for every week not Belgium couldn’t care less how he does internationally.

Garner would be lucky to make the squad.

I agree on Onana and have said it a few times...can use the money wisely if Dyche wont use him correctly.

Ssshhhh… Kevin’s probably reading

Not pulling his finger out when playing. If you're willing to take 100% pay, then put in 100% effort.
He turned down interest from other clubs (including Arsenal and Chelsea) during the last 2 January window’s to stay and help in our relegation battles. So I think querying his professionalism is a bit of a weird one.

Dyche doesn’t like passengers, so I’d suggest that he is putting in the effort to still be getting on the pitch regularly and having significant playing time.

He turned down interest from other clubs (including Arsenal and Chelsea) during the last 2 January window’s to stay and help in our relegation battles. So I think querying his professionalism is a bit of a weird one.

Dyche doesn’t like passengers, so I’d suggest that he is putting in the effort to still be getting on the pitch regularly and having significant playing time.
45minutes at Chelsea, on the bench versus Forest in a must win game, then 15,12, 35 minutes in our last 3 games.

That indicates to me hes not really being trusted.

45minutes at Chelsea, on the bench versus Forest in a must win game, then 15,12, 35 minutes in our last 3 games.

That indicates to me hes not really being trusted.
Didn’t he pick up a knock in the Newcastle game and then missed the Burnley game. As prior to that, he was getting a lot more minutes (then the last 3/4 games, Gana has been playing excellently as well).

When the going got tough, the weak got going.

But we are probably keeping him free from injury so we can sell him ASAP.
if people have been injured/carrying knocks then I’m not going to get on their backs.

I’d definitely be looking to sell him if we get offers over what we paid for him though. Not because I don’t like him, I think he is a good player, but if it means we don’t have to sell branthwaite it’s a no brainer.

And if Ndidi rumours are true and he is also happy to sign for us, then I’d rather him in the midfield with the experience he has.

if people have been injured/carrying knocks then I’m not going to get on their backs.

I’d definitely be looking to sell him if we get offers over what we paid for him though. Not because I don’t like him, I think he is a good player, but if it means we don’t have to sell branthwaite it’s a no brainer.

And if Ndidi rumours are true and he is also happy to sign for us, then I’d rather him in the midfield with the experience he has.

I think hes a good player, you can see it when he can be arsed.

As I said, no real ill will to the lad and I hope he smashes it at his next club.

I just dont think that hes been very good for Everton and has very much played within himself.

I think given Ndidis injury record it would be a major gamble.

I’ve seen him play for Belgium s few times and he looks no different as when he plays(?) for Everton, in and out of the game, mostly out.You put him on a pedestal Zat, which is fair enough because he plays like statue most of the time.