2023/24 Amadou Onana

Here we go. We've found the new scapegoat. Pick up your pitch forks and let's get going with the mob blame mentality.

Or maybe just people think it's something in between where he's not terrible but he's also not at the world class level that demands admirers from all around Europe.

Don’t mind people struggling but he was wandering around at the end and misplaced passes under no pressure. Garner wasn’t doing either of those things despite also having to chase shadows.

Gomes was as equally bad.
You're not wrong but was obvious from the first half that we were gonna be blowing by the 70th min. Started out pressing very well but not sustainable against a city side that move the ball so well.

Garner the outlier on account of his impressive engine. Virtually every other player very leggy in the 2nd half.

Understandable at the back end of a very busy winter period where we haven't been able to rotate due to lack of squad depth.

Onana will come good.

No shame in being made anonymous by that midfield. If that's the level he aspires to be, he was shown how tonight.

Looked a bit low on confidence, like the fans having a go at him for that penalty miss has burst his bubble.

Too passive, again. I'm not expecting him to dominate Man City's midfield but I do expect more than that, especially from someone who should be busting a gut to regain the faith of fans.

He’s frustrating in that he seems to have all the attributes to physically dominate the middle of the pitch, just does it in short spells, puts in some great tackles and plays some good passes but needs to do it for 90 minutes.

This is why he's so frustrating. He constantly looks to be on the brink of bossing games then..... just doesn't do much.

I'd rather not lose him in the summer but given he's young and has some appealing attributes it's not daft to think someone could offer silly money for him, which could be used to otherwise invest (or more realistically help sort our books out). Much rather him than JB.

This is why he's so frustrating. He constantly looks to be on the brink of bossing games then..... just doesn't do much.

I'd rather not lose him in the summer but given he's young and has some appealing attributes it's not daft to think someone could offer silly money for him, which could be used to otherwise invest (or more realistically help sort our books out). Much rather him than JB.
He probably looks great on a highlights reel showing some of his tackles. Agree on the summer approach- if someone was to offer 60 million (or more!) I’d be inclined to take it and reinvest.

His performance was really poor. Poor Jimmy Gardner was on his own putting tackles in and taking the game to City. Onana just stood off and let City’s midfield dominate.
He has the attributes to have a degree of control. He literally didn’t want to know tonight.
No point him being here if that’s his attitude. Hope it’s a one off or maybe carrying a knock.
Or the possibility that he’s had an offer and is on his way.