2023/24 Amadou Onana

Impressed by this fella. He can play!

I see you have more knowledge than a number of our 'fans'.

Congratulations on the win.

I dont know what type of midfielder he is ? ...

Box to box .. nope
Midfield General .. nope
Pirlo Wannabe .. nope
Defensive Holding .. nope

Top crabber .. maybe!

Still he's better than Tom Davis I suppose

Put me down for a few middle fingers from the usual suspect(s)

What position do you think he played against Brentford and Villa?

I think he understands it a lot more than you do Zat, you like Onana which is fair enough but you are blind to his faults or just won’t admit to them.

Anyone who doesnt think Onana was having a great game until we bypsssed the midfield either didnt watch the game or doesnt understand what they were seeing.

Its that simple.

Zatara rates him a lot higher than £70M I think, if he carries on like he does we’ll be lucky to get what we paid for him and we still owe most of that fee!

The ignorance, stupidity and hatred oozing out of this post smacks of someone who just wants someone to blame and picking the absolute wrong target.

I dont think our fanbase is as stupid as to think wed be lucky to get £33mil back.

Probably not even agenda driven, which at least would make some sense.

Anyone who doesnt think Onana was having a great game until we bypsssed the midfield either didnt watch the game or doesnt understand what they were seeing.

Its that simple.

The ignorance, stupidity and hatred oozing out of this post smacks of someone who just wants someone to blame and picking the absolute wrong target.

I dont think our fanbase is as stupid as to think wed be lucky to get £33mil back.

Thanks pal you seem one of the most reasonable on here yourself. No gloating here we know our place.

Its that simple.

I said ‘If he carries on like he is playing now we’d be lucky to get back what we paid for him ‘ Zat the game lasts about 100 mins now, not twenty, haven’t you heard about players who impose themselves on the game, like putting some movement in their game instead of being on the periphery of the game standing and watching like they are not part of the game,I’m not picking on the wrong target he makes himself the target by his lack of movement and getting involved instead of pointing here and there, even when he gets the ball he does very little with it except mostly sideways and backward passing, getting out jumped in most heading duels, falling over and getting knocked over in simple tackling efforts, he’s brilliant for Belgium and a future captain of them, why doesn’t he show it for Everton, I don’t see leadership from him.
I see plenty of things from him, hardly any point to a future outstanding career from him, he’s got potential but it’s coming out in bits and pieces while the game passes him by. I haven’t got an agenda on him I go to the game to watch him play his part in a team game, he doesn’t seem part of the team for most of the game and imo he was very poor yesterday which, unfortunatel, didn’t surprise me, he’s like that most games.

So, you didnt watch the game.

Quite difficult for Onana / Garner to get on the ball when our defenders were hitting 40/50 yard punts, crosses and passes constantly in the 2nd half.

The only time they saw the ball was when recycling it and facing a mass of players ahead of them in the 2nd half.

He was better than alright first half.

If we continued to play on the deck then im confident we would have continued to create chances and both would have dominated the middle.

Simply put, if you had Zidane + Gascoigne in the middle and then punted, passed, crossed 40-50 yards every time away from them...what would you expect them to do?

I really don't know which game you were watching on Saturday. Onana was totally anonymous and didn't show any spirit or creativity.
What impresses you about this overrated, overpriced player?

Similar feelings to Dannyboy on Onana. Looks like he has all the tools and ability but for me doesn’t impose himself enough on the game. Cheerleading is great if it looks like you give all on the pitch, but not so good if you don’t. For someone of his size, I expect him to dominate in the air but he rarely offers a goalscoring threat from set pieces. If he shows a bit more more fight and tenacity, he could be top class.
Speak to the manager/coaches

I said ‘If he carries on like he is playing now we’d be lucky to get back what we paid for him ‘ Zat the game lasts about 100 mins now, not twenty, haven’t you heard about players who impose themselves on the game, like putting some movement in their game instead of being on the periphery of the game standing and watching like they are not part of the game,I’m not picking on the wrong target he makes himself the target by his lack of movement and getting involved instead of pointing here and there, even when he gets the ball he does very little with it except mostly sideways and backward passing, getting out jumped in most heading duels, falling over and getting knocked over in simple tackling efforts, he’s brilliant for Belgium and a future captain of them, why doesn’t he show it for Everton, I don’t see leadership from him.
I see plenty of things from him, hardly any point to a future outstanding career from him, he’s got potential but it’s coming out in bits and pieces while the game passes him by. I haven’t got an agenda on him I go to the game to watch him play his part in a team game, he doesn’t seem part of the team for most of the game and imo he was very poor yesterday which, unfortunatel, didn’t surprise me, he’s like that most games.

If he continues playing as he has been this season we've got a fine player on our hands. That much is obvious.

Feel if some one bigger wants to spend a lot of £££ on him we maybe should cash in and strengthen the attacking positions

Then we have Garner and Gana as our midfield.

I really don't know which game you were watching on Saturday. Onana was totally anonymous and didn't show any spirit or creativity.
What impresses you about this overrated, overpriced player?

I was watching the Everton game. You know, the one where Onana was pretty much everywhere on the pitch in the first half.