2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked his showreel pre signing and was concerned he was just another rangy athlete rather than footballer. If you excel at other things, it can go unnoticed in a good team, but a poor outfit needs every opportunity slotted and yesterday his clumsiness and lack of guile bearing down on goal cost us.

A few more giraffe-like strikes over the bar and the knives will be out and he'll go into his shell, then VOILA!!! Snides mk2 status.

Technique development tops out at about 14yrs old so his resolution of basics that include ball striking is remote. Big hairy potatoes

Checked his showreel pre signing and was concerned he was just another rangy athlete rather than footballer. If you excel at other things, it can go unnoticed in a good team, but a poor outfit needs every opportunity slotted and yesterday his clumsiness and lack of guile bearing down on goal cost us.

A few more giraffe-like strikes over the bar and the knives will be out and he'll go into his shell, then VOILA!!! Snides mk2 status.

Technique development tops out at about 14yrs old so his resolution of basics that include ball striking is remote. Big hairy potatoes
sounds like you’re already sharpening yours, luckily most level headed folk appreciate that a 21 year old coming into a poor side in the toughest league in the world might need more than 5 games to acclimatise

You clearly have never met Harry Kane.

sounds like you’re already sharpening yours, luckily most level headed folk appreciate that a 21 year old coming into a poor side in the toughest league in the world might need more than 5 games to acclimatise
Hope he does.

But my personal suspicions were aroused by his showreel and there's no satisfaction in seeing possible confirmation of his limitations in these early games just another round of "if I can see it why can't Everton staff?". If I'm right he'll get the treatment "level headed" or not. Let's hope I'm not

What are you talking about ??

Hope he does.

But my personal suspicions were aroused by his showreel and there's no satisfaction in seeing possible confirmation of his limitations in these early games just another round of "if I can see it why can't Everton staff?". If I'm right he'll get the treatment "level headed" or not. Let's hope I'm not

Maybe you are right time will tell. The comparison you hear about is Yaya Touré. At the same age he had failed a trial at Arsenal being described by Wenger as completely average in his trial and ended up in the Ukraine league. He then had another couple of moves before he broke through at Monaco in his mid twenties and then signed for Barcelona.

Personally although disappointed with the miss I took the positive that he had the power to drive through the middle. There are not many players in the league who have that from CM. Hopefully a bit more experience and composure and end product will follow. Same applies to Gordon

Maybe you are right time will tell. The comparison you hear about is Yaya Touré. At the same age he had failed a trial at Arsenal being described by Wenger as completely average in his trial and ended up in the Ukraine league. He then had another couple of moves before he broke through at Monaco in his mid twenties and then signed for Barcelona.

Personally although disappointed with the miss I took the positive that he had the power to drive through the middle. There are not many players in the league who have that from CM. Hopefully a bit more experience and composure and end product will follow. Same applies to Gordon
I think a goal would help him a lot - he has got himself into promising attacking positions but atm doesn't look like he expects to score. I do think he has the ability to score goals from midfield.

I think you could have used a few more dogwhistles tbh

Really should have scored yesterday...

Probably should not ask but I'm intrigued by what is meant by Big hairy potatoes?

wham.com

Status
Not open for further replies.