Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
French midfielders haven't done that great here. That's all I'm basing it on. Doucs and Gana are exceptions as they had prem experience beforehand. I'm going to back the boy 100% if he wears the shirt but it's money we don't have and I'm hoping this gamble pays off even if historically its not worked out for us.
Gbamin came from Germany.

Dacourt was excellent for us so there is one. How many others have we even had? Gueye was only a season removed from coming over from France.

I don't think there is any links to where a player comes from really.

Don't know enough about Onana really but him wanting to come here is a good sign at least.

We do have money, we are just hamstrung in how we spend it so I assume the deal we have got is one that works well for us.

Gbamin came from Germany.

Dacourt was excellent for us so there is one. How many others have we even had? Gueye was only a season removed from coming over from France.

I don't think there is any links to where a player comes from really.

Don't know enough about Onana really but him wanting to come here is a good sign at least.

We do have money, we are just hamstrung in how we spend it so I assume the deal we have got is one that works well for us.
There is a huge leap from ligue 1 and Bundesliga to the prem lets be honest. Dacourt was great for us but I'm still traumatised by our lack of effective scouting of players from that region since. I hope he's worth the mega money we have spent on him but from my perspective it's not a season to be pushing our luck with ffp. UTFT

French midfielders haven't done that great here. That's all I'm basing it on. Doucs and Gana are exceptions as they had prem experience beforehand. I'm going to back the boy 100% if he wears the shirt but it's money we don't have and I'm hoping this gamble pays off even if historically its not worked out for us.
i mean we'll see, but onana seems physical like in his defending and has footspeed, so i think he should be able to hold up well in the midfield

Supposedly he agreed after a personal call from Frank Lampard. Considering Frank has long called out the need for a box-to-box midfielder, and Onana's potential to fill that role according to French observers, I'd like to imagine the call centered around Frank's belief that he could help him achieve greatness there.

Ama-Dou Dou Dou
Likes a tackle to the knee
Ama Dou Dou Dou
Likes a tackle we can see
To the left, to the right
Up and down the park he'll be
So lets sing, Amadou
Onana will do for me

What do I win? ?

He’s Senagalise/Belgian to be fair mate, has played in the Bundesliga and CL.

No idea what he’s like to be honest, I’ve never watched play, so swining between he must be ace if we spent that much money on him Vs Everton going any blowing another 30 odd million on a madzo signing.

Looking forward to seeing the lid, open minded really.

He’s Senagalise/Belgian to be fair mate, has played in the Bundesliga and CL.

No idea what he’s like to be honest, I’ve never watched play, so swining between he must be ace if we spent that much money on him Vs Everton going any blowing another 30 odd million on a madzo signing.

Looking forward to seeing the lid, open minded really.
I hope he is boss. He's costing more than Jarred Bowen did.

There is a huge leap from ligue 1 and Bundesliga to the prem lets be honest. Dacourt was great for us but I'm still traumatised by our lack of effective scouting of players from that region since. I hope he's worth the mega money we have spent on him but from my perspective it's not a season to be pushing our luck with ffp. UTFT
Is there a massive leap? I put no stock in that at all to be honest. Good players can come from anywhere.

I think you are overthinking this to be honest! I mean yeah, he could be crap, but so could anybody. World class talents have come over to England and been crap (Veron, Shevchenko etc) conversely we have signed very successfully from Sligo, Bury, Millwall etc. Schneiderlin had done years in the Premier League and so on.

It is certainly a position of need either way.

Is there a massive leap? I put no stock in that at all to be honest. Good players can come from anywhere.

I think you are overthinking this to be honest! I mean yeah, he could be crap, but so could anybody. World class talents have come over to England and been crap (Veron, Shevchenko etc) conversely we have signed very successfully from Sligo, Bury, Millwall etc. Schneiderlin had done years in the Premier League and so on.

It is certainly a position of need either way.
Fair enough, we are all blues here and I hope he tears the prem up. Just a bit apprehensive about the money considering our issues with ffp.

Status
Not open for further replies.