Am I bitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of reds who have told me I'm bitter because I don't want them to win the league is really starting to get on my tits. I've tried to explain that I don't want them to win it because they're our local rivals and it's nothing to do with bitterness but they genuinely aren't having it.

Is it bitter though? Would they really be supporting us if the roles were reversed, like so many of them are claiming?

They would absolutely feel the same way if the roles are reversed. Any kopite telling you this is obviously out of tough with reality and/or trying to stroke their ego.

Off topic: I've seen quite an influx or brand new Liverpool stickers on random cars here in Dallas. That really grinds my gears.

The more I read on and the closer it gets to Saturday evening I can feel myself turning into a city fan.
Last Sunday I was like I want to win don't care if Liverpool get title. But now I am very much on the other side come on city !!

It seems we aren't the only ones who are "bitter" about their second coming and media circus. I have just watched Jose ripping the back out of Brendan on BBC news.

Priceless.

The fact that the bitter tag started to be bandied about after Heysel tells you all you need to know about the utter classless scum that makes up so much of their fanbase. The Steua Bucharest banner should be a stock image the papers use whenever they discuss the "friendly rivalry" between the two teams.

I've noticed a fair number of them labelling other clubs fans as 'bitter' this season too, because they're too deluded to realise it's their own arrogance, disrespect, cheating and hypocrisy which is turning so many other supporters against them. Just check out Blue Moon for proof...

It's not bitter to want your rivals to lose. It's even less bitter to hope that the biggest cheat in world football and Captain Hypocrisy end up with what they deserve - nothing.

liverpool-banner.JPG

Yes. Yes, I am.

Come on City.

Quite a few Kopites are unbalanced. It would be quite wrong to encourage them in their delusions which would certainly happen if they were to win the league.

Luckily, without Barry & the others, I can't see us making much of a game of it anyway. Our weakened team will escape the notice of most Kopites in and around Stockholm and no doubt there'll be screams of anger from Oslo but there it is: City have something to play for with a very, very strong team; we have a weaker team with, frankly, not much except pride to play for.

As to missing out on the Europa League ... nea: it makes no money; there's not much chance that R M would play his first eleven in most of the first round matches ... it's basically a beer jaunt for the fans which puts next season's league position at some risk.

Lifelong Everton fan. NEVER wanted us to lose but I'd take a loss this Saturday.

But it needs to be 4-5 to City so we get our moneys worth and some entertainment.

Do one reds!te.

The number of reds who have told me I'm bitter because I don't want them to win the league is really starting to get on my tits. I've tried to explain that I don't want them to win it because they're our local rivals and it's nothing to do with bitterness but they genuinely aren't having it.

Is it bitter though? Would they really be supporting us if the roles were reversed, like so many of them are claiming?

The best post eva !

Quite a few Kopites are unbalanced. It would be quite wrong to encourage them in their delusions which would certainly happen if they were to win the league.

Luckily, without Barry & the others, I can't see us making much of a game of it anyway. Our weakened team will escape the notice of most Kopites in and around Stockholm and no doubt there'll be screams of anger from Oslo but there it is: City have something to play for with a very, very strong team; we have a weaker team with, frankly, not much except pride to play for.

As to missing out on the Europa League ... nea: it makes no money; there's not much chance that R M would play his first eleven in most of the first round matches ... it's basically a beer jaunt for the fans which puts next season's league position at some risk.

There is truth in what ye speak, although EL is a tournament we could have a real crack at, and next years winners go into the CL, so I reckon there is finally some merit to the competition.
I do have a soft spot for it as well, bonkers teams from all over the place, that you've never heard of bit like the European Cup used to be. I know the CL is the route to cash, but it's a dull competition, same bloody teams year in year out, same bloody fixtures sometimes.

I wouldn't like to see us spend loadsa cash in the summer with the EL in mind, and cash spent should be focused on maintaining our league run. But let the kids have a crack at the starting rounds with a few seniors overseeing. If we go out no harm done, if we're still in it in the January window then think about having a real tilt at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.