Almost got em -players that were linked with Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis

Player Valuation: £35m
I was curious about the current performances of some the ligue 1 players we were linked to over the summer window so it inspired me to create this thread discussing potential transfers that never came to fruition and whether it was a missed opportunity or a blessing a move never materialized. With our abysmal recruitment we probably dodged a couple duds but are there any players linked that you still rue that we didn't sign? I think it's a natural everton fan aspect when a story unfurls about a potential signing not occurring theres always some grumbles even when someone has scant knowledge of a player. So for example I know we were heavily linked with sam Byrne during Roberto's reign but he ended up at west ham obviously that was a positive development as I no idea what team he even plays for now since hes had a forgettable career.

Neymar
Messi
Ronaldo
Pele
Shearer
Haaland
Muller

List is endless

Kenwright still drools over their names and tells his mum we nearly got em ma

Sean Davis
Scott Parker
Emre
Michael Essien
Ever Banega (we announced a medical, and he denied us even bidding)
Joao Moutinho (and the famous delegation)

Bellamy apparently until Moyes indicated he'd have to stop acting the tit.

There was a CB (name escapes me) who apparently complained that Moyes inquired about his attitude to playing out of position at full back to help the team said he didn't want to join lol.

Makes me chuckle. Bellamy was a super player, but I can't help think Moyes was right.

Giorge Kinkladze

Pretty sure I remember Mel C saying she‘d buy him for the RS if we tried to buy him off City

We agreed what was then a British transfer record with Forest for Stan Collymore in 1995 before being gazumped by Liverpool. We all know how his career turned out to go with his off the field stuff but Collymore was a top player and would've made a terrifying prospect for defenders had he been paired with Big Dunc.

He could've been anything he wanted but Collymore ended up being a serious waste of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.