Almost got em -players that were linked with Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

We agreed what was then a British transfer record with Forest for Stan Collymore in 1995 before being gazumped by Liverpool. We all know how his career turned out to go with his off the field stuff but Collymore was a top player and would've made a terrifying prospect for defenders had he been paired with Big Dunc.

He could've been anything he wanted but Collymore ended up being a serious waste of talent.

We got Kanchelskis for about 3 million pound less instead, so not too bad really!

More recent ones include Steve Walsh and Koeman almost wasting 15 million on an absolutely crap player called Belfodil. Someone somewhere put a stop to the waste for once!

I think we did a late fake bid for someone called Odjidja-Ofoe under Moyes. Pointless really, they just wanted it to look like we were trying to sign someone.

I remember being weirdly gutted when the Sean Davis transfer fell through cos he failed a medical. God knows why like, I was only about 14 at the time and I don’t remember him doing anything in his career after that.

Ian Rush, we wanted both him and Sharp but the board said we dould only affordmone. Imagine Rush and Sharp together up front!
I was going to mention this too but I thought we turned to Sharp only after we failed on Rush? Not that we wanted both at the same time since we still had Latchford? Could be wrong like

We got Kanchelskis for about 3 million pound less instead, so not too bad really!

More recent ones include Steve Walsh and Koeman almost wasting 15 million on an absolutely crap player called Belfodil. Someone somewhere put a stop to the waste for once!

I think we did a late fake bid for someone called Odjidja-Ofoe under Moyes. Pointless really, they just wanted it to look like we were trying to sign someone.

That made me think of the official bid we put in for Alan Smith, remember him.

Status
Not open for further replies.