2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic debut away at spurs. Had games where he tried to do to much which ultimately was detriment to the team.
As someone said. Bought him 5 years to late. But lets be honest we wasnt ever getting him in his CL Napoli days.

So long Allan.

Underrated by many on here, but I think he was exposed by injuries to the more mobile and intelligent players around him. Ended up being stuck with Gomes and Davies for partners, which can't have been fun.

I'll forever remember him as the midfield general of the mad first few months of the 20/21 season under Don Carlo, skulking around with his shirt tucked in, flying in to tackles and spraying the ball around nonchalantly from the quarter back roll.
Spot on this.
Injuries caught up with him and then could never manage the pace of the Prem.
Good luck to the lad seems a decent sort.

Good news. Nowhere near good enough, similar signing to Schneiderlin.
Incredibly harsh

Schneiderlin should’ve been at the peak of his career but couldn’t be arsed to put a shift in and bitched out of tackles regularly

Allan gave everything but at the twilight of his career, did have the legs to give all action 90 minute performances anymore

Unlike all but pretty much Richarlison from our recent departures, he goes with my best wishes

Incredibly harsh

Schneiderlin should’ve been at the peak of his career but couldn’t be arsed to put a shift in and bitched out of tackles regularly

Allan gave everything but at the twilight of his career, did have the legs to give all action 90 minute performances anymore

Unlike all but pretty much Richarlison from our recent departures, he goes with my best wishes
In fairness, we're all talking about him like we signed him when he was 35 but he was only 29. He and Schneiderlin were effectively the same age when they left.

I'm not saying they were the same, just that the idea of one being at his peak and one being a star trying valiantly to defy the passage of time doesn't really stand up.

In fairness, we're all talking about him like we signed him when he was 35 but he was only 29. He and Schneiderlin were effectively the same age when they left.

I'm not saying they were the same, just that the idea of one being at his peak and one being a star trying valiantly to defy the passage of time doesn't really stand up.

Allan wasn't half the player for us that he was for Napoli. Extremely underwhelming throughout his whole time at Goodison. Schneiderlin arguably was nowhere near the level that Allan was when he signed too.

Did OK at first then declined rapidly simply couldn't cope with the pace and intensity of the prem.

Think it was case of mind willing legs unable unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.