2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is revisionism to be honest. Allan has had a handful of good games in his two years at the club, he’s been a very poor signing regardless of your opinion on Davies. Our manager seems to think he’s surplus to requirements too.

At the end of the day he’s just nowhere near the player people thought he was going to be because he was Brazilian and a King Carlo signing, and some people just have a really hard time accepting that. Not good enough and we won’t miss him one bit. The fact he isn’t wanted by any serious football club in the world and looks to be going to the UAE tells us all we need to know about his level.
Yeah 100% this. He's had good games but they've been few and far between to be honest. He came in and had a genuinely great debut and then another couple of good games and then he went off the boil and never properly got back on it again. We've had worse players for sure, but he's been a real disappointment overall. 'He's not as bad as Gomes' isn't the best defence of a £25m signing in my eyes.

he was seriously good at napoli until his last season with them, injurues and the pace and intensity of the prem have taken there toll and he's now just a drain on finances unfortunately

Strange he hasn’t had a look in this season. I know he was injured towards the back end. We must sell in Jan to recoup something.

I'm starting to think there was a little clique of the Portuguese/Spanish speakers, Lampard has either got rid or is getting rid and/or have been frozen out. Or am I way off? Only going to be Mina left, Vinagre has only just arrived so can't be counted.

I'm starting to think there was a little clique of the Portuguese/Spanish speakers, Lampard has either got rid or is getting rid and/or have been frozen out. Or am I way off? Only going to be Mina left, Vinagre has only just arrived so can't be counted.
Think it's normal to have friendships with people who speak your language tbh not really a bad thing.

Don't get the Allan hate myself ( not from you btw just in general ) think he's been deceny when he's played. Id rather Allan start than doucoure with Gana next to him

He was impressive in his first few games.

But suddenly turned into Concrete legs and done....

6 the choice midfielder now at best. Need him gone

Think it's normal to have friendships with people who speak your language tbh not really a bad thing.

Don't get the Allan hate myself ( not from you btw just in general ) think he's been deceny when he's played. Id rather Allan start than doucoure with Gana next to him
I don't mind Allan, I get that countrymen tend to hang out as they speak each others language, it's just the way Gomes and Allan have been punted I don't know something feels strange about it. Not that I'm complaining we have upgraded.

It seems more likely that he's just realised that neither Allan nor Gomes are any good and decided to get rid than that there was anything sinister going on to be honest. Allan has been mediocre for 2 years, Gomes - for all people the same about easy targets like Davies - has quite seriously been one of the worst players in the league on a consistent basis.

It seems more likely that he's just realised that neither Allan nor Gomes are any good and decided to get rid than that there was anything sinister going on to be honest. Allan has been mediocre for 2 years, Gomes - for all people the same about easy targets like Davies - has quite seriously been one of the worst players in the league on a consistent basis.
Aye you'se are probably right. I'm reading too much into it. I just remember Lampard saying he'd seen things he'd let slide last season due to the situation and then Gomes and Allan proper frozen out. Oh well, we are better placed now anyway.

Seems a bit strange how Allan has been frozen out completely.

Hints at something else, either personal/attitude issues maybe.

Or is he actually just the worst midfielder at the club? I'm not too sure he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.