2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the age we signed him I’m not sure we’d have seen the best of him regardless of the set up to be honest.

I can imagine that he was very good if he used to have a bit more pace but since we got him his mobility affects his ability to hare around the pitch, and as far as I can tell that’s his biggest attribute. He’s just a bit of a nothing player now really, not mobile or disciplined enough to be a good defensive midfielder and not enough quality on the ball to be a good attacking one. I’m not saying he’s useless, he does have quality, but I’m not sure he was cut out for moving to the PL at the stage he did.
A fair assessment, but I think it’s slightly harsh saying not disciplined to be a defensive midfielder, when it’s never really been his game.

He’s similar to gana, that they like to go and press abs win the ball, though I’d say gana is better at getting around the pitch, but Allan is a slightly better footballer imo. Gana had Barry and then Schneiderlin.

Allan is also a better footballer than Doucoure, that being said we need to raise money and we will need at least 2 new midfielders, maybe 3 depending on the system

A fair assessment, but I think it’s slightly harsh saying not disciplined to be a defensive midfielder, when it’s never really been his game.

He’s similar to gana, that they like to go and press abs win the ball, though I’d say gana is better at getting around the pitch, but Allan is a slightly better footballer imo. Gana had Barry and then Schneiderlin.

Allan is also a better footballer than Doucoure, that being said we need to raise money and we will need at least 2 new midfielders, maybe 3 depending on the system
I’m just talking about now though. I know he used to be like gana but he hasn’t got the legs to do that now, either in terms of pace or energy. My point was that he doesn’t seem to have the ability to change his game to adapt to the fact that he can no longer successfully play the way he used to.

Genuinely think that's the last game we looked proper class in start to finish.
Same mate, thought we were proper on to something back then. Funny how quickly football can turn isn’t it? One day enjoying bossing Spurs at theirs with the J Rodz conducting full orchestra. Fast-forward and year and we are sweating like a proverbial going into a relegation must-win 6 pointer at Turf Moor ?‍?

At the age we signed him I’m not sure we’d have seen the best of him regardless of the set up to be honest.

I can imagine that he was very good if he used to have a bit more pace but since we got him his mobility affects his ability to hare around the pitch, and as far as I can tell that’s his biggest attribute. He’s just a bit of a nothing player now really, not mobile or disciplined enough to be a good defensive midfielder and not enough quality on the ball to be a good attacking one. I’m not saying he’s useless, he does have quality, but I’m not sure he was cut out for moving to the PL at the stage he did.

So often he's nearly there. Half a yard too slow with an interception or caught on the ball after a nice bit of foot work. Definitely not been helped this season by both our managers being determined to go with two in midfield.

We win that game last night with Allan.

Don't forget the contribution to this season that them corrupt shithouses wearing black have made throughout.

"It evens up over the course of a season" ... ha yeah right

Anyone got his stats from today?

Seemed a busy, if unremarkable performance from him to me - granted, my judgement might be clouded as I've never rated him.

Can’t believe how little he has been spoken about after his game today my motm made everything tick and was hounding all day. I honestly think he is our most important player in the next 8 games keep him fit we stay up simples

Status
Not open for further replies.