2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We desperately need a Gana signing. Every club like us that doesn't dominate possession needs that energetic type who buzzes around the pitch winning the ball.

Its criminal Brands still hasn't replaced him adequately enough.

Better to have Neves as anchor and Doucoure + Allan ahead of him.

Allan would look far better given freedom to press and carry the ball forward.

@sc1878 has detailed the basic role of a DOF which is generally accepted at most other clubs.

Its clear and obvious that Everton arent following the DOF model and aside from the title there is little similarity between our DOF and other clubs'.

A fan can tell you that from simply reading about DOFs at other clubs and watching videos on youtube where the role is explained.
The role of a DOF will vary from club to club depending on the owner/chairman and of course the manager as well.

Even then in reality we have absolutely no idea what power or influence Brands has at the club.

Straight question and straight answer please.
What role did Brands play in the appointment of the manager.... no opinions or quotes from some journalist expressing an opinion or poster on here doing the same.

What role did Brands play in appointing the manager.

The answer in my opinion.... none of us know.

So based on what are people making judgements ?

We know JR came to Everton because of CA he has already said this. I think it fair to say Allan came for the same reason.
CA said he knew nothing about Godfrey and very little about Doucoure so we can say they were Brands signings based on what was said by the individuals.

Other than that kind of detail people are taking guesswork and trying to dress it up as fact.

…I think it’s lots to do with getting the blend right, it’s what Benitez gets paid lots of money for.

Allan could be fine in the right set-up.
I have no problem with Allan but not in a midfield two.
CA knew that and most of the time played three there when players were available.
I do agree it is up to RB to get the mix right, I think he may have learned a lot from Saturday.

I have no problem with Allan but not in a midfield two.
CA knew that and most of the time played three there when players were available.
I do agree it is up to RB to get the mix right, I think he may have learned a lot from Saturday.

….I’m not so sure doubtful about a ‘midfield two’, he’s a similar physique and style to Peter Reid (clearly not as good but a similar type) & he was fine with a CM partner. The blend also includes those wide of him & behind him.

i don’t claim to know the answer but he played well enough in games last season to suggest he can be effective.

Would work much better if we had a proper DM sitting behind him. Good little player but got caught wrong side of the ball on so many occasions last season with his tenacity to commit to challenges and close the ball down. Reckon he's be better as box-to-box rather than sitting deep.

Said it the other day but Doucoure Allan pushed on a bit with Gbamin behind will probably be our best Midfield partnership. Doucoure box to box, Allan just being a pest all over the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.