All is quiet on Kirkby ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billytoffee

Player Valuation: £20m
Firstly this is not an attempt to reopen the whole stadium debate thing.

I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on where we stand now?

It just seems to have all gone quite following the uproar prior to and just afer the vote.

Anyone know what is happening ?

Everyone is licking each other's wounds before we tear into one another again. Michael Kenrick has become a Buddhist. KEIOC have diverted their energies to Aids fundraising and anti-racism awareness promotion. Liverpool City Council members have promised their first-born as sacrifices at the new Dixie Dean statue. Jenny Seagrove and Amanda Holden have run away together. Liverpool FC have thrown their support behind the new tram project (and promised to throw Harry Kewell under it at the opening).

Everyone is licking each other's wounds before we tear into one another again. Michael Kenrick has become a Buddhist. KEIOC have diverted their energies to Aids fundraising and anti-racism awareness promotion. Liverpool City Council members have promised their first-born as sacrifices at the new Dixie Dean statue. Jenny Seagrove and Amanda Holden have run away together. Liverpool FC have thrown their support behind the new tram project (and promised to throw Harry Kewell under it at the opening).

that was in the Echo the other nightlol lol ;)

Firstly this is not an attempt to reopen the whole stadium debate thing.

I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on where we stand now?

It just seems to have all gone quite following the uproar prior to and just afer the vote.

Anyone know what is happening ?

Your right to bring this up billytoffee, its not about reopening any old issue. This should be one of the most exciting times in our history with this massive new development, and to be honest I've been quite surprised at how quite the club and the fans have been since the vote.

Myself, I'd like to get talking about it more and the club interacting with the fans, getting ideas and free advice off us cant be a bad thing when it comes to the finished design, and lets be honest, its our opinion that will make the stadium a success or not.

Personally, I don't think there is a need to keep feeding us 'soundbytes'. The plan is moving ahead, the massive publicity surrounded the vote was a little much if you ask me. I think that the LCC and KEIOC actually ended up creating more publicity for the vote than if they had shut up. They wanted to make a big deal out of it.

I think the next major publicity thing will be all the plans have been approved and planning permission has been given.

Then When they break ground it will be a big news deal.

Personally, I don't think there is a need to keep feeding us 'soundbytes'. The plan is moving ahead, the massive publicity surrounded the vote was a little much if you ask me. I think that the LCC and KEIOC actually ended up creating more publicity for the vote than if they had shut up. They wanted to make a big deal out of it.

I think the next major publicity thing will be all the plans have been approved and planning permission has been given.

Then When they break ground it will be a big news deal.

I'm not suggesting they feed the fans soundbytes, im saying that this should be a listening stage to hear what the fans want from the new stadium. As you say when the project physically begins it will be big news, but by then it will be too late to change any major plans.

But have they not listened to us, in that we don't want a bowl stadium?

They have given us a plan for a modern but traditional 4 sided stadium, which I think looks fantastic.

I have it on good authority from a source within the club that the club have in fact been utlising an invisibility cloak to hide the work being done on the stadium, and that it is indeed just days from completion, upon which off will come the cloak with a machiavellian swoosh to reveal our new super home, no doubt to gasps from the onlooking masses.

You heard it here first.

there was a meeting in the city where lcc and keioc had some discussion. dont know how it went, id like the club to publicly say they will consider any offer from the council that matches or betters the kirkby tesco deal.

and that would be that.

But have they not listened to us, in that we don't want a bowl stadium?

They have given us a plan for a modern but traditional 4 sided stadium, which I think looks fantastic.

Well that wasnt them really listening to us more than there has been a "popular" move away from bowls since the emirates and city of manchester stadiums. A direction that I applaud the club in going down.

But I'm not talking about the massive stadium design issues, they would never come down to the lowely fan to decide, I'm thinking more along the lines of the little extras that the stadium and surrounding environment should have.

We've already discussed on this forum a couple of ideas that we would like to see implemented and it would be simple free advice that the club could take when making these designs. At the end of the day its our home, so why not have a little help from us when it comes to decorating it?

I have it on good authority from a source within the club that the club have in fact been utlising an invisibility cloak to hide the work being done on the stadium, and that it is indeed just days from completion, upon which off will come the cloak with a machiavellian swoosh to reveal our new super home, no doubt to gasps from the onlooking masses.

You heard it here first.

Philadelphia Experimant all over again!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_project

Status
Not open for further replies.