All I want for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
This is my top 10 desires from Everton. Anyone agree or disagree?

1. A successful side, progressing level by level. Check
2. Investment in youth and an aspiring academy. Check
3. A ground that befits our heritage, desire and ability to compete at the very highest level.
4. A commercial side of the club that is intuitive in its design of products and markets the club in niche areas that improve the global brand of Everton FC.
5. A PR representative that doesn't tell lies at every turn.
6. An owner that has the ability to give the club support when it matters, and not do stuff when it is absolutely essential. ie, when we are looking to kick on to Europe, the CL ignorance was criminal, this year was also on a par.
7. A website that is quality throughout, has a look and feel that is the best in the league.
8. An Everton TV channel that I can subscribe to through Sky and not on the internet.
9. To have a modern approach to the build up to the game, and not the same old tacky crap.
10. To be able to buy my season ticket with a deposit and pay it off over the season in monthly instalments.

Last edited:
Ghost,
You don't want much do you? Ah, but Christmas is a time of dreams.

Me? I just want peace on earth and good will toward all men. Oh... and the young lady in my signature. I have as much chance at the below as the club has of attaining the above. Sad on both counts.

Last edited:
This is my top 10 desires from Everton. Anyone agree or disagree?

1. A successful side, progressing level by level. Check
2. Investment in youth and an aspiring academy. Check
3. A ground that befits our heritage, desire and ability to compete at the very highest level.
4. A commercial side of the club that is intuitive in its design of products and markets the club in niche areas that improve the global brand of Everton FC.
5. A PR representative that doesn't tell lies at every turn.
6. An owner that has the ability to give the club support when it matters, not when if we don't then [Poor language removed] will hit the fan. ie, when we are looking to kick on to Europe, the CL ignorance was criminal, this year was also on a par.
7. A website that is quality throughout, has a look and feel that is the best in the league.
8. An Everton TV channel that I can subscribe to through Sky and not on the internet.
9. To have a modern approach to the build up to the game, and not the same old tacky crap.
10. To be able to buy my season ticket with a deposit and pay it off over the season in monthly instalments.

you could rejig 6. into something resembling English.

we all want 3. but how can we pay for it?

we should have 7. by now - the on line everton offering is about as poor as it gets.

nothing wrong with wanting 10.

perhaps you can suggest what you actually want rather than don;t want for 9.

an everton channel on sky? You still couldn't watch live everton games on it. These club channels are [Poor language removed] anyway. Still, maybe there is a market for it?

The club channel is probably best suited to where it is for now. The Man Utd channel for instance has lost money each year its been running, but they generate enough to write it off as a cost of trading. We're not generating enough cash to be able to afford that (yet).

I said in this thread - http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/everton-forum/9942-how-many-fans-do-we-have-around-world.html - that it seems crazy to me to be going through all the hassle of a ground move for a prospected £10m extra a year (I really hope it's more than that), when if the club are to be believed we have some 13 million fans around the world. Surely from a cost efficiency point of view it would be easier to get an extra pound from each of those than it would to spend £80m or whatever on Kirkby.

That's not to say I'm not broadly in favour of a move but you go for the low hanging fruit first surely? :)

The club channel is probably best suited to where it is for now. The Man Utd channel for instance has lost money each year its been running, but they generate enough to write it off as a cost of trading. We're not generating enough cash to be able to afford that (yet).

I said in this thread - http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/everton-forum/9942-how-many-fans-do-we-have-around-world.html - that it seems crazy to me to be going through all the hassle of a ground move for a prospected £10m extra a year (I really hope it's more than that), when if the club are to be believed we have some 13 million fans around the world. Surely from a cost efficiency point of view it would be easier to get an extra pound from each of those than it would to spend £80m or whatever on Kirkby.

That's not to say I'm not broadly in favour of a move but you go for the low hanging fruit first surely? :)

Why don't we build a 13 million all seater stadium in the middle of the Atlantic, and charge £25 per person to come to the game.

No, perish the thought you'd act on your reasoning and instincts and not run with the herd to Kirkby. lol

I'm not sure if we will get 10m profit from kirby. We can't even fill goodison week in week out. We already have fans refusing to patronise kirby if we move, that numbers might be hundreds or even thousands. If we were to increase gate prices to offset this drop in numbers, it will decrease numbers even further.

The only way to fill the stadium is to achieve sustain success on the pitch. If our funds are tied up to kirby move, we might not see significant signings for years to come. I don't see how we can improve if this happen.

It's more a case of realism than following the herd Dave. As you yourself said yesterday, our debt levels are high and rising quickly.

I'd love us to be able to build a world class 65,000 seat stadium that we fill week in week out, but I can't see a scenario where that can happen right now. We need someone to buy the club, we really do. If certainty over the new ground is what it takes to do that then so be it.

I don't think staying at Goodison is an option. As a ground it has history certainly but it's incredibly out of date in relation to other stadia in the PL. I'm not suggesting that we stay where we are, merely that it seems odd for the board to have put themselves up for so much flack when there are means of generating money that involve much less hassle.

It's more a case of realism than following the herd Dave. As you yourself said yesterday, our debt levels are high and rising quickly.

I'd love us to be able to build a world class 65,000 seat stadium that we fill week in week out, but I can't see a scenario where that can happen right now. We need someone to buy the club, we really do. If certainty over the new ground is what it takes to do that then so be it.

I don't think staying at Goodison is an option. As a ground it has history certainly but it's incredibly out of date in relation to other stadia in the PL. I'm not suggesting that we stay where we are, merely that it seems odd for the board to have put themselves up for so much flack when there are means of generating money that involve much less hassle.

The piecemeal redevelopment of Goodison Park based on our own team's success in generating funds to carry that work out should be the way forward on the stadium front. That's even more the case now that the game's relationship with the business world becomes ever more uncertain. It astounds me that all those people arguing the benefits of a Kirkby move from a 'prudent' point of view dont see the massive gamble it represents. Even if it requires the club hunkering down for a few years and weathering a few bad seasons, I'd rather sit tight and see what options manifest themselves rather than take what looks like a poisoned chalice held out by a supermarket and the unscrupulous hierarchy of a desperate borough council. That project is their dream solution, not ours.

Yes Davey boy, but even you must admit that Goodison is old and in dire need of a refurb. I mean im sure you will deny it, but surely there will become a point in the not so distant future when it will become unsafe. We need to move, we all would rather it wasnt Kirkby, but it seems to be the only affordable solution at the current time with the current board.

Im pretty sure if/when the "new owners" ride in on their White charger that they wont go ahead with DK, but maybe it will be too late by then.

Anyway, you keep saying it wont get the go-ahead, so every1s happy, the club has spunked millions up the wall on this bolloxs and you have given yourself RSI.

Yes Davey boy, but even you must admit that Goodison is old and in dire need of a refurb. I mean im sure you will deny it, but surely there will become a point in the not so distant future when it will become unsafe. We need to move, we all would rather it wasnt Kirkby, but it seems to be the only affordable solution at the current time with the current board.

Im pretty sure if/when the "new owners" ride in on their White charger that they wont go ahead with DK, but maybe it will be too late by then.

Anyway, you keep saying it wont get the go-ahead, so every1s happy, the club has spunked millions up the wall on this bolloxs and you have given yourself RSI.

Why will it become unsafe? The club have announced they keep making it safe - to the tune of £1M last year. Maybe if they (all past regimes as well as Kenwright's) had invested in the ground during the period since SKY poured in all their money and we had funds toward redeveloping the ground Goodison wouldn't be so 'dire'? Robert Elstone admitted in cross examination at the Inquiry that out of the £1.8 billion Premeirship clubs had spent on their facilities during the SKY period Everton had invested just £13M in upgrading Goodison Park....£13M.

oh come on, were just deflecting from the truth. The club is run poorly by people who are not qualified to do it.

Ok let's look at the evidence.

Bill Kenwright, by his own admission has said that he has tried to make the transition from supporter to owner. Surely someone who is running a football club needs to have experience at doing so.

Robert Earl, has gone bankcrupt more than once.

Ian Ross, was a journalist for The Guardian, and we all know journalists are slimy fuckwits who sensationalise stuff to sell newspapers. In other words, they know how to lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.