ALEX YOUNG RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
. As cash was involved over the turnstile, there was always rumours about how big wages or signing
on fees to the likes of Colin Todd or Bruce Rioch were paid.
Sometimes when the attendance was posted at say,38,000 you'd think.who are they kidding more like 48.As you say cash..... ...........

Was my granddad favourite player. An he'd seen most of the great players.

Was sad to hear the news, I'm sure my grandad will be first in line in heaven to buy him a pint

Seems the funeral is at 10am on Saturday 11th March. With WBA at home that afternoon it'll be a push, but will try to get to both. There will only ever be one Alex Young funeral, may just get back in time for Z Cars!

Which is fifty years to the day when Alex played at Goodison Park against Liverpool in the FA cup game which was played on the screen at Anfield. This was pointed out by an Everton fan on Toffeeweb.

Certainly made me think. Bally scored the only goal, I was behind that Gwladys Street goal, as near as possible, but I cannot remember
whether the 'World Cup Arc' was still there or had it been taken down. I always remember a fellow apprentice friend of mine (He was a
RS supporter) he had a ticket for the big screens at our old ground. I believe there where 65,000 and 40,000 respectively, but may be
wrong again.

Certainly made me think. Bally scored the only goal, I was behind that Gwladys Street goal, as near as possible, but I cannot remember
whether the 'World Cup Arc' was still there or had it been taken down. I always remember a fellow apprentice friend of mine (He was a
RS supporter) he had a ticket for the big screens at our old ground. I believe there where 65,000 and 40,000 respectively, but may be
wrong again.
Is the arc your referring to the one behind the Gwladys St goal which kept the fans away from the rear of the net? If you are sadly nothing to do with the World Cup.It predates it by a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.