2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - but only one of those is a new face, and necessarily a replacement has to be a new face, because otherwise you’re just creating a hole somewhere else.

Look, I hope you’re right. I hope everyone gleeful at Iwobi’s departure is right and it’s no big deal.

Personally, I respect what the guy has done for us - even if he’s made me tear my hair out on occasion.
Alright put it this way and I'll pretend I don't absolutely detest Iwobi for a few second. His best period was under Lampard for a few weeks playing in central midfield. Looking at it pragmatically do you honestly think that he gets into Dyche's side in midfield ahead of Garner, Gana, Onana or Doucoure, along with any other potential signing. I don't. Not in a million years, doesn't have the work rate for it, and no work rate != running.

Harrison, Danjuma and McNeil are also all miles better than him on the wing. Come October he genuinely doesn't get near this side if he's here. It's like Gray, yes he's scored goals before and theoretically there's no one in the team that has scored like him but that's more down to how he plays rather than the team lacking it. Most other players would've gotten the same assists as Iwobi last year if given the same freedom and position. Off the top of my head I can't remember any "special" assist that other players couldn't have done, in fact off the top of my head his assist to Coleman as someone else said was just a pure hoof ball and his assist for McNeil against Brighton only happened because the Brighton defender pulled his hamstring leaving Iwobi open to run uncontested.

This hole you speak of is not only not created, it's already been filled. Iwobi has no use to a fully fit squad at Everton.

Alright put it this way and I'll pretend I don't absolutely detest Iwobi for a few second. His best period was under Lampard for a few weeks playing in central midfield. Looking at it pragmatically do you honestly think that he gets into Dyche's side in midfield ahead of Garner, Gana, Onana or Doucoure, along with any other potential signing. I don't. Not in a million years, doesn't have the work rate for it, and no work rate != running.

Harrison, Danjuma and McNeil are also all miles better than him on the wing. Come October he genuinely doesn't get near this side if he's here. It's like Gray, yes he's scored goals before and theoretically there's no one in the team that has scored like him but that's more down to how he plays rather than the team lacking it. Most other players would've gotten the same assists as Iwobi last year if given the same freedom and position. Off the top of my head I can't remember any "special" assist that other players couldn't have done, in fact off the top of my head his assist to Coleman as someone else said was just a pure hoof ball and his assist for McNeil against Brighton only happened because the Brighton defender pulled his hamstring leaving Iwobi open to run uncontested.

This hole you speak of is not only not created, it's already been filled. Iwobi has no use to a fully fit squad at Everton.

His assist for McNeil at Southampton was a cross that was meant for Onana.

Called it months ago a London club would come in late for him and club would cash in.

To me he's always been an odd fit in Dycheball and with Danjuma moving that side with Beto coming in and Harrison hopefully fit soon he's expendable.

Didn't think he was that amazing when loads were raving about him under Lampard so a very underwhelming four years here.

Harrison and Danjuma are better footballers than Iwobi.

Either one stays after their loan + a replacement will be good business.

No, like the vast majority of our players he's gotten even worse since joining us
Can you blame them?

There are thousands of footballers all over the world going to work every day being challenged, tested, developed and improved by good coaches.

Dyche has proved over a decade that he does not develop or improve players. He has ruined careers. Focusing on things that are ignored by all the brightest minds in world football. Showing no will to change. Blindly trusting the ancient methods that he got Burnley relegated with twice.

The players must seriously hate their job these days. Defend in a low block, play long balls and play the worst football in the league. Show no ambition with the ball. Wait for the trademark boos from their own deluded fans.

I fully understand why Iwobi changed his mind when it comes to signing new contract. He deserves so much better and will for sure improve better teams than Everton.

Can you blame them?

There are thousands of footballers all over the world going to work every day being challenged, tested, developed and improved by good coaches.

Dyche has proved over a decade that he does not develop or improve players. He has ruined careers. Focusing on things that are ignored by all the brightest minds in world football. Showing no will to change. Blindly trusting the ancient methods that he got Burnley relegated with twice.

The players must seriously hate their job these days. Defend in a low block, play long balls and play the worst football in the league. Show no ambition with the ball. Wait for the trademark boos from their own deluded fans.

I fully understand why Iwobi changed his mind when it comes to signing new contract. He deserves so much better and will for sure improve better teams than Everton.

lol iwobi is absolutely gash mate

Can you blame them?

Yes, Sean Dyche is the reason the Iwobi hasn’t improved. Amazing take.

Doucoure over Iwobi all day.

Doucoure has 26 goals and 21 assists playing almost entirely in central or defensive midfield, and Iwobi has just 17 goals and 29 assists playing almost entirely in attacking roles. He's played more than 3/4 of his games as an attacking midfielder or a winger, and he's never managed more than three goals a season, but Doucoure's done better than that three times, including his 5 goals last year in just 25 appearance, even after a period of banishment by "Super Frank."

The supposedly superior Iwobi managed 2 goals in 38 appearances. But I suppose the Iwobi apologists will say that "he's playing out of his preferred position!" And yet he's scored as many goals in his preferred position — in his entire PL career — as Doucoure scored in 25 appearances last year alone.

Doucoure over Iwobi all day.

Doucoure has 26 goals and 21 assists playing almost entirely in central or defensive midfield, and Iwobi has just 17 goals and 29 assists playing almost entirely in attacking roles. He's played more than 3/4 of his games as an attacking midfielder or a winger, and he's never managed more than three goals a season, but Doucoure's done better than that three times, including his 5 goals last year in just 25 appearance, even after a period of banishment by "Super Frank."

The supposedly superior Iwobi managed 2 goals in 38 appearances. But I suppose the Iwobi apologists will say that "he's playing out of his preferred position!" And yet he's scored as many goals in his preferred position — in his entire PL career — as Doucoure scored in 25 appearances last year alone.
They’re both [Poor language removed] and I’d happily see them both booted

Status
Not open for further replies.