2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

100%, and the look on his face when he was on the ground with that injury seemed to say, “I made a mistake. Why didn’t I sign that new deal?”
Thats the problem with people running down their contract. Their mind is elsewhere.

Is he going to be trying hard for the club at the end of the season, or is he going to be looking after himself, not wanting an injury to jeopardise he next big contract signing?

He is indicative of everything that is wrong with this football club.

He signed for five years and has been awful for nearly all of it. He had about two months where he was OK (still only scored once) and now has the temerity to reject a new deal.

He can't play central as he is so ill disciplined that everything else around him goes to pot. He has zero football intelligence.

He can't do the basics right. The man can't even weight a through ball properly.

If you note, most of his good things with us have been done when he has had no time to think or make a decision.

The thought of him leaving is utterly wonderful.

My guess is he's decided to let his contract run out

Bit of an awkward one for all parties. Too late in the window, our asking price is probably higher than what clubs are willing to meet. The player himself knows that he will probs get a decent contract elsewhere if he sees out his current, and Everton likely aren't offering him much better terms than what he's on now.

If someone had offered 15-20 mil earlier in the window I'd have taken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.