2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He nearly relegated us with his pass to Maddison to put Vardy through.
He's cost us for multiple years as proven by our lack of goals and even chances created, his job is to make goals happen and his output is shocking. There's a reason we complain about how isolated are strikers are, and it shows how poor he is that a makeshift replacement at the end of last season in Donkeyoure showed him uo.

That's exactly what I'm saying. He plays in a key position for us and he's not good at it.
Yep. The midfielders bought under Moshiri has been a disgrace and for me the main reason for the decline on the field.
There has always been a need for a central figure that acts a the bearing for what the other players should be doing defensively.

The state of it now where we actually might have a decent 8 in Garner is probably the only one capable of holding the 6, and is stuck out on the wing - farce.
Gana may have been good defensively but he could never command the central position and direct from it. Obv no 8 or 10.
Onana is not a 6 and as an 8 doesn't seem to have a clue about the defensive line that prevents a pass to his opp player, behind him, between the lines.
Vlasic, Klassen, Rooney bought without a thought for a 6 and 8.
Gomes and Sig everything I hate seeing in midfielders
Gbamin, wtf.
Scneiderlin was maronic.
And then there's Iwobi, bought as a winger who been played everywhere through the mids.
FS.
Just maybe with Garner and Onana we might get somewhere, but without a proper 6...

Keeping Wobes is a horrible idea if he won't sign. But that said, if he stays I think we'll see much improved results from him given that we finally have non-Maupay options up front.

Iwobi centrally adds value as we don't have anyone with that pace and off the ball work harder up front.

But if he is not going to sign and we can't offer him higher wages then 15-20M would be good value as long as er immediately reinvest that plus Gray money for another winger/AM. May even tempt Leeds with £30M plus 5M bonuses offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.